003. 'In two words, what're you doing?'

.༻⊰❂⊱༺.

༻⊰❂⊱༺

III. THE DAY I WISHED I JUMPED ON THAT CLIFF

━━━━━━

"Will you know delicate feelings

That change in each and every emoticon, ooh"

         "ARE YOU BLOODY KIDDING ME, right now?"

To be quite honest, Dodie felt that she should have expected this — oh, well, she did. From the moment she was dragged out of her nice, comfortable bed by Thalia Grace and was chucked into a car filled with people she wasn't acquainted with, participating in a rescue mission against her will, she knew nothing about this was going to end smoothly.

Everything was going absolutely wrong.

"This is mad." Dodie knew better than to act on her own, especially with the current circumstances. She knew it was best and wise to find others, and work together, since, well, five heads should be working better than one, specifically when one of those heads so happens to be a daughter of a legit goddess of war and wisdom, you know? That seems to be the most rational way of thinking.

Too bad that Percy Jackson thought of the exact opposite of Dodie D'Amour. And she understood that the moment he grasped her wrist tightly, refraining her from running off to find the others.

She looked at him as he pursed his lips in pure contemplation. He was thinking.

And because of that, Dodie couldn't help but panic. No offence to him and all — full offence actually — but Dodie had little-to-no faith in him. As powerful as he might be with being the son of Poseidon and all, he was no daughter of Athena, who was much preferred but was nowhere to be seen. Also, with that mind of his in which had caused too much chaos as long as she had heard of him, it was justifiable to be wary of him; Percy Jackson was indeed both predictable and an unpredictable person.

"What are you doing?" she hissed at him, trying to yank her wrist from him, "Have the fruit punch finally gotten to your brain? Percy, we have to go find the others —"

"Fine," said Percy, unlatched his hand from her, "You go and find them. But I'm not going anywhere except going after them,"

Dodie gaped as she stared at him, looking as if he had grown two heads.

"Can I ask you something?" she began calmly.

Percy looked at her weirdly.

"I guess...? But make it quick."

"All righty then: Are you insane?!" she shrieked in incredulity. "I don't care if you're the son of one of the Big Three or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that it's super insane!"