Chapter 1 - A Helpless Face.

The sound of boots on the stone floor echoed through the silent maze, only accompanied by two voices, those of which belonged to Owen and Magic. The latter was explaining what had really happened regarding Acho almost drowning due to Soup's potions wearing off as the duo were making their way back to the clearing.

"Krow had watered it down.." Magic explained, trying to sound as casual as possible in the uncomfortable situation. She cared about Krow, but what it did wasn't exactly forgettable. "We- Graecie, Graecie and I found out. We kind of, asked around to find out what happened cause Kyle-" Magic was interrupted midway through her speech when her and Owen heard a sound like footsteps, soft and quick.

"What was that..?" Magic asked, approaching Owen who was looking around a corner cautiously.

"Well, obviously someone else is in the maze, but.." The older man hesitated. "I-I saw it, some of it. Maybe it was- no, it was too small to be Krow." Owen mumbled to themself, deep in thought.

"Maybe it was.. Oeca? Or Acho?" Magic suggested.

"No, it had a tail. One like Krow's. Is there someone new in the maze do you think?"

"Maybe, why don't we check it out?" The blue-haired girl began walking forwards, about to round the corner when Owen grabbed her arm, preventing her from going any further.

"Wait, get behind me. We don't know who it is, and assuming it's the same species as Krow, it could very much be dangerous." Owen tugged on Magic's arm for her to back up, which she eventually did after a little thought.

The two carefully approached the corner, Owen getting out his javelin if needed. Magic followed close behind, curious yet trying to play it safe.

They finally turned the corner, Magic peeking out from behind Owen. The latter kept a firm grip on their javelin, ready to defend from any possible threats. That wasn't exactly needed, as they came across a small half-demon, similar to Krow in terms of species. 

It was covered in wounds, some new, some healing, and others were white scars from who knows how long ago. Its claws seemed to be broken off, and its horns were in bad shape as well. It wore a green t-shirt with a hood, along with desaturated cyan pants. The only clothing item that wasn't ripped was a blueish-purpleish necklace it wore around its neck. The demon looked up at Owen and Magic with fear in its eyes, flinching as pretty much any movements the two made.

"Oh my gosh.." Owen muttered to himself, immediately putting away the javelin and stepping back a little, almost falling on top of Magic in the process. "H-hello? Are you alright?"

The small demon simply stared, gripping onto the wall.

Owen and Magic both looked at each other worriedly before looking back at the small creature. Magic tried getting closer, only for it to back further away anxiously.

Owen took a second to look over the small demon, noticing the sheer amounts of wounds and tattered clothing. It looks so young, too young for this place. It needs help. Magic and I need to get it back to the clearing somehow. They thought, glancing up at the sun. It was about midday, so there was a fair amount of time. "Are you alright?" They asked, trying to keep a soft tone.

Magic backed away slightly towards Owen to give the stranger some space.

"Wh-where am I..?" It asked, it's voice shaky and quiet.

"This is.. the maze. It's.. well, dangerous. Highly dangerous. But we have somewhere we can bring you to." Owen explained, Magic instinctively nodding her head in agreement.

The small demon became slightly less tense, however still stayed close to the wall. Magic thought for a second, before getting an idea. She quickly opened up her backpack and started rummaging around, before finally pulling out a few carrots.