Chapter one: The unexpected

Luckily the neighbors were used to big mess. It happened every time that the loud family went somewhere in their van.
That Sunday morning before they went to the park. It was the same as always.

"I want the front!"

"No, you take the back!"

"I want the window!"

"This seat smells worse than Lana!"

"Hey, nothing smells worse than me!"

"I like this seat. The lack of space makes me feel like I'm in a coffin."

"Nice try,  Luna, but I want the back seat and I'm going to get it."

"You can't always get what you want, sis."

"If you don't back off right now you will end up like that guy who lost his left hand and left foot."

"Wow, Luan, that was too harsh."

"Why? He's ALRIGHT now. HAHA! Get it?"

"You're not even trying,  aren't you?

It was a sunny day, with a radiant blue sky, no cloud on sight. The warm spring breeze came along with the soft smell of flowers and grass, inviting them have fun outside.

Nothing in that warm happy day seemed to foreshadow the terrible storm it was about to land upon the Louds.

Lincoln was sitting on his house's entry, watching his sisters practically fight to the death for a good place in the van. He remembered with a smile just a few weeks ago when his plan to get the sweet spot had completely failed, ending up in a similar situation. His sisters hadn't actually fully forgive him for trying to cheat them into that. So he decided to stay out of it until they settled down, and he would just occupy the remaining seat. That way, he was avoiding any trouble.

Besides, he wasn't feeling well. He had been feeling really tired for about two days, getting agitated for even the smallest effort and having a strong headache. He assumed it was because he wasn't sleeping well lately, so he shrugged it off. Still, any fight he could avoid... 

"Lincoln!" Yelled Lola, creating a hiatus in the female hecatomb. "Why are you sitting there all alone?"

"Did you find a new 'sweet spot'?" Accused him Lana.

'N-No, not at all!" He said hurriedly, seeing his sisters rapidly approaching with hostile intentions.

"You okay, dude?" Asked Luna, noticing he wasn't looking as energetic as always.

"Yes, I'm okay. It's just... ...Well..."

"Lincoln, what is it?" Said Lori, impatiently. 

He sighed.

"I thought you were still mad at me about the whole 'sweet spot' thing, so I decided to wait for you guys to get your seats first, and then I would just use the last one."

The Loud sisters looked at each other . Lincoln had his selfish moments, like that time he bought a pool just for him, but in the end he was always the one that cared the most about his siblings.  Somehow, listening him saying he didn't wanted to fight helped them realize how absurd it seemed to be fighting over such a stupid thing.

"Come on, Lincoln, let's get in the van before mom and dad get outside" said Lori, approaching her brother to take him to the van door.

"But how are we going to be sitting?" He asked.

"All of you, make a line, from youngest to oldest, and get in the seats from the front to the back", she quickly instructed.

Without arguing, everyone made a line and started getting inside the car, starting with Lisa.