𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭.𝟏. 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭...

In a place like Hogwarts, which hosts more than eight hundred students, all of them teens who can't wait to inmerse themselves is sometheing else than old books and exasperating classes, rumors spread like wildfire.

Especially when they are about Sirius Black. 

🌕🪴🌕

When  Atque initially heard about it, she hadn't actually believed it. 

It wasn't the first time gossips had been wrong, falsely breaking up couples. Of course she did become suspicious by lunch time, when there still wasn't any notice of any posible rumors' instigator being pranked, but still it was only at night that her brain finally accept it as a fact.

The news had come early in the morning, when the only people having breakfast in the Great Hall were the proffessors, prefects, and a couple dawnbreakers. As a prefect herself, Atque had been one of the people who got to hear the novelties first. 

Strangely enough, Snape was the one to deliver the announcement.    He didn't bother to conceal the pleasure that gave him being able to communicate it, and his smile only kept growing as he approached her.

"Oi Black, haven't you heard? Your brother and Lupin have broken up." He said, a gleam of satisfaction flashing in his eyes.

Atque stared at the boy who had just sat down in front of her with a look of disappointment on her face. 

"Seriously, Snape? I thought you were over those pathetic attempts at getting them back." Severus' smile turned into a frown and he opened his mouth to retort, but the girl shushed him with a hand gesture. "Think twice before you make me lose another minute of my time."

The boy glared at her from behind the courtain that made his lank, black hair— which not as greasy as the Marauders had made everyone in Hogwarts think, and bent slightly over the table to whisper in her ear. 

"Did you act the same when the scandal about Andromeda broke out?" He leaned back and spoke again, his voice loud enough for the Slytherins around to hear. 

"I thought you'd be glad. He was already quite the disgrace, but fucking around with a half-blood male was too much even for him, don't you think, Black?" The corners of Atque's lips tilted upwards in a mocking smirk. 

"Are you not a half blood? And a male one too, I believe?"

Severus got up from the bench with a bang, and Atque thought to herself that it seemed as if the boy's hatred for Sirius was more intense than it had been just the day before. 

Snape scowled. "Don't compare me to that filth! That half-breed is no better than an animal, worse even!" He took one last look at her and walked away in long strides, too mad to bother checking if his words had caused any reaction from the girl.

Atque shook her head as she stared at the retreating boy and continued eating, her thoughts focused on her brother and a boy covered in scars.

The romance between Sirius Black and Remus Lupin wasn't something recent.

They had started fooling around with each other in fourth grade, and one year later they had become an official couple which everyone knew about.