Chapter 1

A/N 

Please don't copy my art. Enjoy! 

Venus rolled her eyes and reclined in her chair, twirling her dagger around by the little string attached to it. Her blue and deep purple skirts rustled in the evening wind. She rubbed her side, where the corset tugged the most. Venus lived in a small complex in the Jilin province of China. (221 BCE-1905 CE)

''Venus! What are you doing in here?'' Venus's mother stormed into the room, her long dress lifted off the ground by her pink tinted hands. Despite storming, her entrance was graceful. Venus's mum had a flowing green long dress and a stunning appearance. Her cheeks were tinted pink and she had a welcoming facade, that was when she wasn't stern, of course. but the most stunning thing about her was her eyes. They were deep pools of blue that shined in the sunlight. 

''Uh- homework Mum!" Venus fell over in her chair in a desperate attempt to make it look like she was doing anything except playing with a dagger. Venus was very graceful, when she wanted to be. When she was distracted....not so much. 

''For? Its a Saturday Venus.'' Venus's mother sighed. 

''Yoga homework, mum.'' Venus corrected, dropping into a yoga pose she barely remembered. 

''You are doing the Warrior wrong'' Venus's mother chuckled. She walked over, her sandals were silent as marshmallows. She demonstrated the correct pose, doing something barely similar to Venus's pose. Venus sighed exasperatedly, flopping back down on her one-sheeted bed. She winced. Venus felt A tiny trickle of blood rolling down her arm. She had lay right on the dagger. Smart Venus, very smart. Venus thought sarcastically. Her mother eyed her with a questioning expression, then smoothed her skirts and stood. 

''I'll leave you to your 'homework''' 

Venus's mother exited the room as gracefully as she had come in. 

''That went well.'' Venus muttered to herself, rolling her eyes and gingerly dabbing at the wound she had created with a piece of white cloth. Suddenly, she heard a screech from her sister Luna's, room. I swear if one of her new boyfriends did something... Venus growled to herself as she dashed out of her own wooden room, her boots tapping against the wood noisily. 

''Luna!'' Venus gasped. ''Are you alright?''

Luna was sitting on her bed, her head tucked into her hands. This girl in front of Venus was as far from Luna as anyone could get. Her face was blotchy and red, far from her normal appearance of the pink, soft cheeks and dazzling light blue eyes that was her natural facade. Her light purple dress was stained with tears, and the white headdress on top of her head had slumped, as if it felt Luna's pain.

''No one is my soulmate, Venus! None of the boys I've dated are right for me!'' Luna rushed over and sobbed into Venus's chest. 

Venus's face twisted with disgust. She had to stop herself from gagging or laughing-- she shouldn't tell which one she wanted to do yet. It wasn't funny-well to Venus it was, but the idea of dating as many guys as Luna had dated...no. It wasn't Venus. The twins were complete opposites, except in looks.

''There, there.'' Venus cooed to her twin. ''I'm sure you'll find your soulmate.''

''i suppose.'' Luna calmed down, her face returning to its normal bright cheeriness. ''You know...I could date Jaimi!''

''Nuh-uh.'' Venus made Luna look her in the eye. ''He is off limits.'' 

Luna gave her the most smug smile of all smug smiles that ever smiled. 

''Nuh uh. I do NOT like him. He's my friend. Plus, he told me he never wants to be married. I support that, because I'm not letting any man control me!'' 

''What was that?'' Venus's fathers voice rang out through the doorway. Venus's back was turned as she left out a silent groan and slowly turned towards him. 

''Nothing Pa! You'll get someone who's right for you Luna! Gotta go, yoga!'' 

Venus grabbed her side satchel and rushed past her father, her ears catching the last thing he said before she was out of earshot. 

''Wait- isn't it Saturday?''

                                                               * * * 

''Busy day avoiding your parents?''

Jaimi's black hair rustled in the wind. his eyes were deep brown and he wore a simple tunic and leggings. He was also Venus's only out of her family friend. Venus sighed.

''Afraid so.'' 

Jaimi looked at the ground, dragging a hand through his hair. ''Venus...I don't want to but...my parents are putting me up for marriage. They say they've found a nice girl and her family. Its so soon...'' 

''Seriously?'' Venus felt dejected. Her only friend, now getting married. Surely he wouldn't have enough time to hang out with Venus now. 

''I'm sorry. I don't want to either!'' Jaimi hung his head.

''Hey-- its okay. At least you'll have a kind wife.'' Venus bumped his shoulder. Jaimi smiled at her. The two friends continued to chat cheerily, that is until Venus heard her parents' voices. She looked up to see they were holding a blood-streaked dagger---the same one Venus had cut herself with. 

''Venus Sorani! What. is. this?!'' 

A/N

Hey guys and gals and all gender folks, the next part will be arriving within the next two days! I'll keep you posted.