★ | 002. meeting in greece

Book: The Queen, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
Chapter 2: Meeting In Greece
Word Count: 1606

A woman sat in a garage full of half packed boxes as she looked at the object that was just delivered to her and the card it came with

A woman sat in a garage full of half packed boxes as she looked at the object that was just delivered to her and the card it came with. She flipped it in her hand, trying to figure out what to do.

She stood up and left the room, when she came back she was wearing goggles and had a hammer in her hand. She smashed the unknown box to pieces, sending bits of wood flying around the room.

She stopped when she found the invitation from Miles. She took her goggles off and sat back down, reading the invitation with an angry expression.

★ ★ ★

Blanc sat in his bathtub as he played Among Us. "Hold on. What's happening?" He asked confused.

"Blanc, I saw you go in the engine room. You're the imposter, we all know it." Angela Lansbury said. "Case closed. We're done."

Blanc shook his head. "I don't understand this at all. So Angie caught me and now the game's just over?"

"Sorry, Blanc, you're thrown out of the airlock. It's a no brainer." Stephen Sondheim said.

"I've got to say, the world's greatest detective... I thought you'd be better at this." Kareem Abduljabbar.

"I think maybe this game is just not my thing." Blanc said and took a puff of his cigar.

"Maybe we should try Quiplash." Natasha Lyonne said. There was a knock at his front door. "Uh, or Codenames."

"No no, look I appreciate what you're all trying to do for me here." Blanc said.

"We're worried about you buddy. Lockdown's not been easy for any of us, we'd all kill for a vacation right now. But Phillip told me you haven't left the bath in a week?" Kareem said.

"Oh, that's hyperbole." Blanc said as another knock sounded. "Get that, would ya?" He shouted.

"You're not in the bath again, are you?" Phillip shouted back.

Blanc hesitated. "No!" He lied. "I'm just... I lose it between cases anyway. I think I might be going insane. My mind is a fuelled-up racing car, and I got nowhere to drive it."

"Hey, can I ask... have you tried crosswords?" Natasha questioned.

"No, no, Natasha." Blanc said. "I... I don't need puzzles or games. The last thing I need is a vacation. I need danger, a hunt, a challenge. I need... a great case."

"Blanc!" Phillip called out to him. "There's someone here for you! With a box."

★ ★ ★

Sarah sat next to Birdie as the two (and Peg) sat in the backseat and drove down the road. Birdie had her feet up, resting on the seat in front of her as she was tucked under Sarah's arm.