March 24 1984

Saturday, March 24, 1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois, 60062.

Dear, Mr. Vernon. We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever we did that was wrong. What we did was wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you "who we think we are". What do you care? You see us as you want to see us, In the simplest terms, The most convent definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, A basket case, A Princess, A criminal, and a loser. Correct? That's the way we saw eachother at 7:00 o'clock this morning. We were brain washed.

Matthew Evans. Matt. The loser. No one really knew him but everyone knew him at the same time. Everyone knew he was never sober but no one knew why, everyone saw the bruises and scrapes but no one cared enough to ask.

One stupidly adorable nerd, a weird marching band kid, and a Saturday stuck in a school what'll go wrong?

— —————————————————————————————

Matt had his walkman playing while walking to the School on this chilly march morning. He was humming along with "Brandy (you're a fine girl)" while smoking his joint having a feeling he was gonna need it today. As he got closer to the school he put the joint out putting it in his Altoids container for later. He saw Bender aka "The criminal" almost get ran over and not giving two shit's, 'The weirdest shit happens when your high I swear...' he thought chuckling to himself.

He also saw Brian Johnson walking up the School stairs he yelled "Hey Bri wait up!!" Brian turned around waving a little Matthew smiled in return jogging to catch up. "How you doing? How's math club?" he said blowing a piece of hair out of his eyes. "You know talked about trig, geometry you know how it is, how about you? How was your band concert?" Brian said surprised someone remembered. "oh it was cool although our trumpets were really loud again they really need to learn volume control." they smiled at each other cueing the conversation to be over taking seats at opposite tables.

That Saturday is the day that all their minds changed.

——————————————————————————————

A/N I am currently obsessed with The Breakfast Club and there ain't shit you can do about it so meet Matthew!! A stoner band kid that is in love with the nerd! :]

If you have any constructive criticism I'll be happy to have some! I hope your having a nice day/evening!