~ Chapter 20. Unfortunate Happenings ~

*A Couple Months Before the events of Lord of the Rings begins (sorry for the huge time jump lol!)

Sylvanas & Legolas had been enjoying the married life, Sylvanas now had taken duties as a Princess of the Woodland Realm and everyone started addressing her as 'My Lady' or 'Your Higness'. Everyone began to adored and respect her, they were happy to call her their princess. Legolas wanted children more then anything, as did Sylvanas but she didn't feel ready yet, so the two were very careful but it was hard, especially for two newly weds who wanted nothing but each several times a day everyday.

Lately Sylvanas had been feeling off, and Elves hardly got tired but for days all Sylvanas wanted to do was curl up in the bed she shared with Legolas and just sleep. She was also more happier, not to say she wasn't happy at all. One morning she woke up to find Legolas gone, suddenly she heard what sounded like two heartbeats, she continued to lay there quietly, listening. That's when she realized what it was and she placed her hand on her stomach, feeling slight movement like that of butterfly's in her stomach. She smiled, she was expecting.

Elleths knew they were pregnant way before humans did, as their heartbeat and that of their unborn child sync together. It was a beautiful experience for her, she was so excited that she got up and put on her grey tunic, black leather leggings and boots, brushed her hair and made her way to her mother's room.

"Sylvanas, what is it?" Lillithindra asked as her daughter barged in the door.

Sylvanas quickly closed the door and walked over to her mother, grabbing her hand and placing it on her still flat stomach. "Feel that?"

Lillithindra was in shock and smiled at her daughter, "that's wonderful, I'm so happy for you." And she hugged her daughter, "Does Legolas know?"

"No, when I awoke he was gone but as soon as he returns I'm going to tell him." Replied Sylvanas, she lowered her eyes smiling, "I cannot wait to tell him."

"He will be overjoyed to know he is going to be a father. I'm so happy, I'm going to be a grandmother." Replied Lillithindra still smiling.

"Well I better go find Tauriel. Don't tell Tranduil of the news, I think Legolas will want to tell him." Said Sylvanas.

"Very well. Take it easy today." Replied Lillithindra.

And with smile and nod, Sylvanas left her mothers room and headed down the halls to find Tauriel. She finally found her in the courtyard, teaching new scouts for the Guard. She made her way down to her friend who took notice of her and commanding the scout to continue training, she walked over to Sylvanas.

"Are we still scouting today?" She asked.

"Of course." Replied Sylvanas.smiling, "Have you seen Legolas?"

"Yes, his father sent him out on an errand, he should be back later tonight. Why?" Replied Tauriel.

"Come, I'll tell you more on the way." Replied Sylvanas, she only wanted a few people to know for now.

Her and Tauriel headed out the gate and headed into the forest, today they would be scouting alone as Thranduil had sent the others to different parts of the forest. Once they were away from any and all ears, Sylvanas and turned to face Tauriel.

"So tell me what's going on." Said Tauriel, curiously.

"So this morning when I woke up I found out that Legolas and I are expecting." Said Sylvanas happily.

Tauriel looked at her with wide eyes and a smile appeared on her face. "That's wonderful!!! Congratulations, Mellon nin (My Friend)." Said Tauriel.