Olivia

"Steve," Olivia sighed, her feet up on the coffee table

She was looking forward to a relaxing weekend off, swiping through Tinder and watching TV while drinking far too much wine. But Steve called her right as she sat down to unwind, begging for coverage at White Wolf.

"Look, I wouldn't be calling if I wasn't desperate," Steve replied. "This isn't exactly an ideal scenario for you or Barnes, but Parker burned his hand."

The mention of her ex-boyfriend made her chest clench. She was more than guilty of scrolling through his Instagram to see if he had started dating again. Outwardly, she told people she wanted him to see other people, but there was always a knot of desperation in her throat whenever she typed in his username. Followed by a sigh of relief when he was still single.

She still loved him, but their obsessions with their jobs drove them apart. Olivia wanted to be friends, Bucky was the one who pushed her away. She left, it was what was best for everyone, even if it killed her.

She hadn't had any communication with Bucky since, other than him liking her Instagram posts. It was the tiniest olive branch, but she was always afraid to ask for more.

"How?"

"Tripped and put his hand right down on a hot burner." Olivia winced and audibly hissed. Steve chuckled. "He almost rivals you for biggest klutz of all time."

Olivia frowned.

"You're not exactly winning me over with compliments."

She could hear him tapping his pen on the desk, the rhythm quick like the beat of a hummingbird's wings.

"You know the restaurant inside and out and we need to be impressive tomorrow night."

"Why, exactly?"

"Tony Stark."

She almost threw up. He was the most ruthless food critic Olivia had ever read. Stark had the power to make restaurants explode in popularity or to shutter their doors- all it took was a single review of approximately 1,000 words. He was a god in the New York restaurant scene.

"Please, Liv. We're desperate."

She sighed.

"And?"

"You're the best," Steve sighed somewhat dramatically.

She grinned.

"That's what I like to hear, Rogers."

"I'll pay you double—"

"No, you—"

"No arguments! You're too nice!"

"I haven't even said yes yet!"

"Ah! Your voice went up a partial octave, that's a yes!"

"It so is not!"