PROLOGUE

A trigger warning before reading, there will be things like domestic abuse, depression, self harm and stuff related to it so if you don't like that stuff I don't think you should read it but anyways chile...let's continue. 🤗

Onika Tanya.

"You see that?" My mom pointed at this flying sparkly thing in the air.

"Mhm." I nodded.

"When you wish upon a shooting star, it comes true." She looked over at me. "Hurry and make a wish, don't tell anyone about your wish after."

I closed my eyes hoping my wish would actually come true, like the disney movies.

"I'm done." I opened my eyes and my mom nodded getting up off the grass and helping me up.

"Let's go inside." She continued to hold my hand, I was smiling, happy we were in a good place, happy my mom was acting normal again.

When we made it inside she shut the door and locked it, then shut the curtains before looking around for her phone.

She looked worried but she didn't at the same time, she was typing 100 mph, you could hear her nails hit the phone screen repeatedly, it was kind of satisfying.

"Go in your room Nika." She rushed out and I was confused.

"Why?" I asked.

"Go to your room." She said more sternly, I frowned walking to my room but halfway there I heard loud banging at the front door. "Shit." My mom mumbled.

"Mommy-"

"Shh." She put her finger to her lips and I went into my room peeking my head out just barley.

"Carol open the door!" An unfamiliar voice yelled. "You think you can take my child?! And expect me not to find you?!"

"It's been ten years Robert! Let it go!" She yelled back.

"You took my child from me ten years ago."

"Because of what you would've put me through! When I figured out I was pregnant I left as soon as I could, I was not going to take that abuse and risk my child dying!" She stressed and whoever Robert was banged on the door even harder.

"Open. The. Door." He spoke, not too loud but his voice was heard.

"Please Robert! Just leave us alone!" My mom yelled and all of a sudden the door started cracking and she looked back at me with apologetic eyes.

"I don't like repeating myself, Carol." Before I knew it the door fell off the hinges and my mom tried running but he grabbed her by her hair pulling her back, I quickly shut the door and ran into my closet hiding in the corner behind the pile of clothes.

"Let me go!" My mom cried out.

"Where is she? I want to see my child."

"Why would I tell you?! I would rather die then watch you hurt my child."

"You know what- come on." I heard heavy footsteps and my mom still yelling in pain, the doors before my room were getting kicked in and I covered my mouth trying not to cry loudly.

I came to the conclusion that this was my...dad and he was- is a monster.

When he made it to my door he opened it normally and my mom was crying silently because he would hit her every time she yelled or sobbed.

"Onika..." He called out. "I'm not gonna hurt you, alright? Just come out and me and your mom will move out to Houston to rebuild our life."

"P-Please Robert."

"Onika come out or I'll hurt your mother and you don't want that do you?" He gritted and I stood up walking to the closet door hesitantly, I don't want my mom to be hurt anymore than she was.

I walked out the closet and my mom shook her head no.

"Come here Onika." He waved me over and I stepped closer to him shaking more and more the closer I get to him.

"Onika-"

"Shut up! I'm your father Onika, your mom took you away from me so I'm very angry. You would be angry too right?" He asked and I nodded. "Exactly, I'm only showing your mommy what she gets for keeping me away from you."

"N-No, I'm not stupid. You're hurting her because you abuse her." I spoke quietly but they heard me. I learned about this stuff in school. "You need to let my mommy go."

"Onika, come with me." He held his hand out and I shook my head no.

"No! You can be my dad but you're hurting my mom, boys aren't supposed to put their hands on girls, I said I wasn't stupid."

He snatched me by my arm and I started screaming, crying, kicking and even tried biting him but he put up a fight before punching me making me fall to the ground.

"ONIKA!" My mom yelled dropping to the ground with me.

"Start packing your stuff." Robert told my mom before walking away, she kept her focus on me holding me in her arms rocking me back and forth.

"I-It hurts." I sniffed and she rubbed my face.

"I know baby, it's gonna be alright." She held me tightly trying to keep herself together, so much happened in less than 30 minutes, I don't like him.

__________

"𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞"

~ 𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬...

𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤? 🌚