Chapter 12

"See you later?" Porchay asks as they stand in front of the lifts after returning to the compound in the afternoon.

"Mmh. I'll find you when we're done down there. What are you going to do?" Kim rocks back and forth on his feet, his hands clenched into fists in his jeans pockets so he won't reach out and pull Porchay close. He's not one for displays of affection in front of others, and they haven't discussed how to behave around others on the compound. Kim doesn't know if Porchay wants to tell Porsche first, or if he even wants anyone to know he's... something they haven't defined yet. And Kim doesn't want to be that guy, the clingy one he always despised when he saw them; Kinn is a perfect example of one of those ridiculously clingy and overly affectionate boyfriends. Kim finds this behaviour ridiculous, although he has to admit that if they were alone, he would be very tempted to cling to Porchay, kiss him some more and not let go anytime soon.

"I think I'll see if I can help Khun. He wanted to sort through some of the artwork found in your father's house. Text me when you're done and I'll let you know where I am?" The lift has arrived and the doors open. Porchay has to go.

"I will," Kim promises with a nod, then turns to leave.

"Hey, Phi!" Porchay stops him and Kim feels him take his hand before he can turn around.

"Hm?" He meets Porchay's eyes and notices how much closer Porchay is suddenly standing, his hand still holding Kim's in front of all the guards and staff who are somewhere around. He surprises Kim even more when he leans forward and gives him a soft kiss. It's just a peck, but it's more than enough for Kim to lurch forward, meeting Porchay's lips again and kissing him a few more times.

"Be careful, will you?" Porchay demands and gives him a last peck.

"Mmh," Kim confirms, turning and walking away before he can be tempted to follow Chay into the glass lift.

Instead, Kim makes his way through the compound, out through the garden and into his father's old house. A new operations centre has been set up on the ground floor, where everything is monitored and planned. The technical team have set up their equipment there, Chan has a whole desk with all sorts of plans and maps, and there's even a medical team nearby, as many of the guards have been injured during the dismantling of the house. Not from traps, but from things that fell, furniture that broke, a large vase that shattered, or because they injured themselves using one of the power tools. Their guards are not handymen at all.

"I'm back," Kim announces when he finds Chan, Arm, Nok, Porsche and Kinn already standing around Chan's desk, discussing something over a large floor plan.

"Good," Kinn gives him a small smile and moves aside so that Kim can look at the plan with them.

"Did Chay come back with you?" Porsche wants to know.

"Yes, he decided to visit Khun."

"And how was it? Did you find anything?" Kinn is curious.

"It looks like Gun installed a security system at the Kittisawad house some years ago. The way the wires are connected and the system is designed is very specific. At some point, all the cameras and security must have been removed. All we found were the holes in the walls and some very old, disconnected bugs all over the house.

"We had bugs in our house?" Porsche's eyes widen in shock.

"Non-functional for at least the last ten years. No idea if they were part of the security network or planted there. It's impossible to tell." Kim notices Kinn put an arm around Porche's shoulders and squeeze them. "So what's the situation here?" Kim looks to Chan for an answer.