Reporting for... Discharge

Hello, it me again, Like in the first one, like I said, this isn't mine, it from DingyDingyWhole on archiveofourown.org, just spreading the work so no credit to me. This is a Aftermath of the original Ending, so enjoy.

His/her link at the end of the story.

Summary: Original One-Shot Summary: "A great war has broken out and an unlucky N is called up to fight in the ranks of his nation, leaving behind his beloved wife and sister-in-law." (Reporting for Duty, Chapter 5)

"Reporting for... Discharge" Summary: "N killed his officer. His superior. As such, he is to be shot and killed for his betrayal, not allowing him to give his side of the story, and it seems he has no intention to, knowing it won't save him...

...but, maybe somebody else can help."

his/her Notes

For  The_Twins_On_The_Internet Inspired by Murder Drones Spinoff ( requests open) by The_Twins_On_The_Internet 

Because I love the one-shot, but hate the ending, I say "fuck it", and am making this.

And also because N's reasoning for doing that was absolutely justified, if you ask me.

I will also be changing one detail, that being J's death. As much as I dislike her, she's alive in this.
.
.
.

...N was tied back to a post, blindfolded. He knew what his fate was, and he could only blame himself.

"READY!"

The words echoed in his head.

"TAKE AIM!"

"I'm..sorry..V.."

"FI-!"

"HOLD FIRE!"

...

...dead. Silence.

It was as if the world had gone still, a single, grand, life-changing moment, interrupted without warning, without preamble...

...even far in the distance, the sounds of war stopped.

'...w...what?'

"W...What!? Sir, w-what are you doing h-here!?"

"Better question. What, in the name of Mokhaile's restless soul, is going on here?"

"S-Sir, this soldier was found g-guilty of murdering his superior o-officer. By the orders of the higher-ups, he is to be e-executed-"

"Without trial? No court trial, no sending him back to his family to say his goodbyes, no...nothing!?"

"...y...yes, s-sir."

"..."

"...s...sir?"

"...get him onto his feet."

N's tail and head jerked in surprise, and disbelief, mirrored by the one who the interrupting voice was speaking to:

"W-What!?"

"Did I fucking stutter, soldier? Get him. Onto. His damn. Feet. And get that damned blindfold off of his head."

"...y...yes. Yes, sir."

After a moment, N was no longer blindfolded, and was on his feet, eyes clenched shut due to how long he had the blindfold on. As he struggled to be able to see, he heard the interrupting voice speak:

"Easy, son. You don't need to open your eyes just yet. Just try to adjust."

"S-Sir, what are you d-doing?"