Chapter 10

Arthur Agriche

A few moments later, Mordain gestured for us to stand away. With a wave of his hand, Braziers burst alight with bright orange flames, and a translucent shield hummed to life, separating the center of the garden from the audience.

Mordaine and my father flew to the lowest, most central balcony. “You are trying to to test each other's strength and worthiness. Fight accordingly,” Mordain said.

Both Evan and Eris position themselves and raise their fists. "Ready, lesuran?"

Though there were just kids around my age, I didn't plan on giving them a one-sided fight or anything like that—just beating them. I planned on fully humiliating them as I got into my fighting stance and waved my hand,—gestering them to come forward. 

3rd Person Pov :

Both Evan and Eris didn’t take Arthur's gesture,—not only a sign of asking them to come forward first, but also an insult to their pride.

With a clenched jaw and furrowed brows, Evan went forward and raised his fist to strike Arthur,—but he relaxed his position and side stepped to avoid his strike,—though Eris didn't miss the opening and tried to strike Arthur with a mana-infused kick but,—failed as Arthur evaded her with no effort.

Despite that, both Evan and Eris collaborated their strikes and kicks in perfect unison. That would be very hard for kids their age, but Arthur evaded each of their attacks with a boring expression. 

Just as both Evan and Eris show signs of annoyance and anger, they yelled, "Just stop dodging already."

"Is that so huh, so be it,—I won't be dodging anymore, but be prepared for the consequence" said Arthur with an amusing look.

"You bastard!" said Evan as both him and Eris went in to attack him with Fire attribute mana burning within their hands,—but Arthur stood there without moving as they charged in with burning fists, but suddenly, "whack!" "whack!" they were hit in the jaws and were knocked out with blood bleeding out from their mouths.

Arthur Agriche

Despondent is was I felt when both Evan and Eris abandoned there teamwork by just a little amount of taunting,—although they weren't half bad in how they were fighting for their age,—as in way they reminded me how Nico and I used to be but,—one must never let there emotions run rampant when facing a enemy way beyond there league and keep calm to overcome any adversities. 

Just as both Evan and Eris rushed towards me with fire attribute mana burning brightly in their hands, I decided to stop holding back and reached for my core as the aether flowed from my core to my fist.

I waited until they were nearly on me, then my fist blurred, and both Evan and Eris were hit in their jaws and were knocked out with blood bleeding out from their mouths.

A technique or a move I created based on another technique called burst step that I learned with the knowledge of mirage walk from my mother and also the key that allowed me to unlock the spatium godrune,—as with this technique, I flow aether in a way, through my body, to move, or attack near-instantly with most efficiency and speed that looks invisible to others,—though it can still seen clearly by most the asuras here who're stronger than me in other words with the exception of these toddlers in front of me or who're around or above their age but in the future when I'm older and stronger it'll be a amazing asset in battle.

Though this was possible due to learning hand to hand combat and how to truly utilise my asuran physique through my mother, as in the past 4 years, I not only had learned aether arts and how to efficiently use my aether core from my father but also was trained by my mother on physical combat who was held a prodigy among asuras and was taught by a master of physical combat named Kordri of the Thyestes Clan.

"Arthur! I told you not to beat others in a spar like that." I heard my mother yell. 

Shit! I should've held back, I thought, as I finally stopped thinking over my progress in training and looked around to see the looks of awe, astonishment and respect that were directed at me by the members of the asclepis clan,—in a way it feels all too similar to my time as king grey but instead of being weight down by these like I used to, I felt the genuine feeling of accomplishing someting. 

Then I saw the shields falling away and my mother heading towards Evan and Eris,—who were knocked out by me and started to heal them,—though she didn't need to do that as they can heal themselves using mana, I thought.

“A very illuminating battle.” said Lord Mordain.

"Good job son, but I think you should've held back cuz your mother is gonna give a good lecture when you get back home" said father with a chuckle.

"I already know that, dad, so no need to remind me anymore" I said as I thought of the beating I'd be getting, but I've no regrets.

"Damn, What was that, my friend? I didn't even see you move and both of them were knocked out! Is this somekind of aether art or something else tell me!" Chul said with excitement.

"I'll tell you later."

"Ouch! What the heck happened" said Evan, as both him and Eris had woken up.

"Oh, nothing much but got knocked out and lost" I said with amusement.

"What! But how? I didn’t even see anything" said Eris, with a look of frustration.

"And you don't need to know how, as I didn't cheat and everyone in the Asclepis clan were watching the spar."

"Oh and be sure to thank my mother for healing your injuries."

I can literally see the shame and frustration in their faces. Hope they'll learn from this spar not mess with me and be humble. 

"Ahem, it seems the spar is over now and I thank Arthur for showing us this wonderful battle and we should now continue our celebration!" said Lord Mordain, as everybody started going on as usual with some of them talking about the battle earlier. 

A/N : This is it for the chapter, though I can't really write fight scenes, but I did my best. Hope you all like it.

The next chapter may come late.

Peace.

1096 words.