surprise

"I'm sorry y/n

"I'm sorry y/n."

"Why can't I just stay here Marc! I don't want to see her! You know that. So why?! Why would you send me?"

I couldn't believe this. I had just gotten words that Marc was willingly sending me with my mom in America. I was heavily against this since I absolutely hated my mom. After years of verbal and sometimes physical abuse, she moved to the states and left Marc and I on our own.

I told myself that I never wanted to see her ever again. But here I was, being forced to see her.

"I'm so sorry, but I thought it would be good for you to see her. You don't have to stay there long."

"No! I won't go no matter what! I never want to see her ever again!"

Of course right in the middle of the argument, Jooyeon decides it's a great idea to come downstairs. He's pretty much staying with us for who knows how long.

"Maybe just give her a chance?"

"No. She's done things that I will never forgive her for."

He sighed.

"You're going y/n."

"No! Marc why would you do this to me?! You know I hate her! You know what happened! Why?"

I stormed out the house, not even thinking of waiting to hear Marc's answer. Of course I ran straight to the beach. It was one of my many happy places.

I could feel tears forming into my eyes. I felt pathetic for wanting to cry over it, but I couldn't help it.

I sat in the sand and just let my tears flow. There was pretty much a river flowing down my face at that point. I hated her so much and I dreaded the fact that I would have to go back to America and see her.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as someone sat down beside me. They began to rub my back as I cried my heart out.

I looked up to see Jooyeon.

He was looking at me with a sad smile.

I tried to wipe my tears, but they just kept coming. In the end I gave up and just resorted to search for comfort in him.

I hugged him and just cried in his chest.

He stroked my hair as I continued to sob to my hearts desire.

Through my sobs I began to speak.

"Jooyeon I don't want to go."

"I know. You shouldn't have to go." He whispered.

I could hear footsteps walk up to us.

When I looked up for a brief moment I saw Marc. I immediately put my head back down, not wanting to see or talk to him right now.

"Y/n I'm sorry. You don't have to go."

I lifted my head up.

"Thank you Marc."

He nodded and slightly smiled before walking back inside. I was hoping he would keep his word and not force me to go see her. It would be hell to just sit in the same room as her.

"Want to go inside?" Jooyeon whispered.

I nodded and sat up. He wiped my tears and we began to walk back inside. Once we got inside I went straight to my room, Jooyeon following close behind.

"I have a spare mattress you can sleep on if you want."

"It's okay. I can just sleep on the floor."

"Won't it be uncomfortable? How about sleeping up here instead?"

"Well I mean since you asked." He shrugged, walking towards my bed.

It was already late and I didn't want to be late for school tomorrow. Especially since it was the day before the weekend. I didn't even have plans for the weekend besides staying at home and sleeping.

I turned off my lamp and closed my eyes. I could feel Jooyeon hugging me, but I didn't care. I was just tired from the arguing that had gone on earlier. I was happy that I didn't have to see my mother, but what if Marc brings her over here?

Now I was starting to get worried. I looked up to see jooyeons eyes closed. I tapped his shoulder and his eyes opened.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Jooyeon, what if Marc brings my mom here?"

"I don't think he would do that to you." He whispered.

"But he was willing to send me with her."

"He changed his mind shortly after. He saw how distraught you were about it, I don't think he'll do that to you."

"What if he does?"

"Then try your best to avoid her while she's in the house. Go out to the beach, or I'll take you somewhere away from her."

I smiled slightly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Of course." He smiled.

I closed my eyes once again and let sleep take me in it's embrace.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

I sat in class doing my usual routine, staring out the window. Chae was sitting next to her new found bae and I was sitting next to Jooyeon once again.

The teacher then said something that made my ears perk up.

"We will be taking a field trip to the mountains. Please get your permission slips signed that way you'll be able to join us."

She handed out some permission slips to everyone in the class.

This was sudden and to be honest I wasn't expecting it at all. A sudden field trip sounded fun anyways.