Manipulated

Chapter one
Ketza was perfect.
He was kind and generous. Polite and articulate. Intuitive and thoughtful.
But Valeire suspected he was cheating on her. She noticed how he'd come home from work later than usual, and how there were hickeys on his neck that she didn't leave, and red lipstick stains on the collar of his shirts.
Tonight, he returned home late again.
"Darling?" He looked a bit surprised.
"You're still up?""Yes I am.." She was sceptical
of him and her heart was on the line, she didn't want to give up on him. "What brings you home so late..?"Ketza smiled, and shrugged.
"The company's been going through a rough spot. Our budget is getting cut, and I needed to stay late to discuss the details with my boss."
That seemed legitimate enough.
"Is everything alright, darling? You look a little... I don't know... troubled? Did something happen while I was out?"She turned to him, giving a harsh sigh, "No..no everything is fine.""Are you sure?" Ketza frowned. "I don't want to see you unhappy. Do you need me to make you something? Tea, perhaps? How about we snuggle a bit... Would that make you feel better?"
He walked over to her and wrapped an arm across her shoulder. He pressed a gentle kiss against her head. She smiled on the inside she still had hope and believed he was faithful. "That would be nice." Valeire decided to give him the cold shoulder just to see how he would react, if he would show his true colours. "But I've already ate and I'm quite tired...sorry my love."Ketza paused for a moment.
"Oh." He replied, a frown growing on his face. "I suppose I can take a hint, darling."
He sighed as he disengaged from her embrace. "You know, I wish you were more open with me." A small frown adorned his face. "But that's fine. Let me know if you need anything."
He stepped away from her, towards the door. He hesitated, casting a lingering glance over his shoulder.
"I love you, you know that, right?""Yes I know that..I love you to" Ketza smiled at her, and nodded.
"Then you know that you can talk to me about anything, don't you?"
He paused for a moment, as though debating whether or not to say something.
"Just know, darling, that I care about you deeply," he remarked with a small frown. "I would never deliberately do anything to hurt you."
The words were reassuring, yet there was some lingering doubt.
"I'll be in the bedroom, if you need me."
And with a final smile, he left the room. She turned over to see another red stain on his collar she decided to finally say something, "have you been working with red paint?" She chuckles awkwardly Ketza stopped in the doorway, and peered back at Valeire over his shoulder.
"What are you talking about, darling?" He raised an eyebrow, a confused expression painted on his face.
"No, I haven't— that's a very bizarre question." He replied with a small, bemused laugh. "Why, should I be?""Oh so what's the little red stain on your shirt I just washed.." she wanted to just jump him and say something but she held it in considering she had to be the perfect trophy wife he wished for. If Ketza was put off by the accusation, he was hiding it well.

"Oh— that?" He glanced down at the small red stain on his collar. "I suppose the laundry must have mixed the whites with the coloured items of my clothing and stained it. I'll have to be more careful next time, won't I?"
He smiled at her teasingly, but there remained a small, lingering doubt that he was hiding something from her..."Yeah.." she snickered unpleasantly leaving him in a daze Ketza frowned.
"Darling... is everything alright?"
He glanced down at his collar. He could see the tiny stain, of which he didn't have a reasonable explanation for. It could plausibly have been anything, but something about Valeire's accusation was unsettling.
"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked genuinely, his voice low and concerned. "If there's something troubling you, I'm here for you. You can tell me anything, y'know.""I know I know I can my love." She blew him a kiss expecting him to leave Ketza smiled as he caught the kiss.
"Good." He remarked quietly. "Don't forget, now."
With that, he left the room.
He seemed concerned about Valeire's sudden aloofness. He would've liked to press her for an answer to what seemed to be troubling her, but at the same time he didn't want to risk upsetting her. Perhaps she'd open up to him eventually, he thought. For the time being, he'd give her some space. Valeire prepares her self for bed and hoping she would just get her explanation she deserves. "Goodnight.""Goodnight, darling." Ketza responds quietly from the doorway, his tired eyes lingering on Valeire a moment longer before he shuts the door and disappears from the room.
When he's gone, Valeire finds that it's hard for her to relax.
There's still a question on her mind.
Was Ketza telling the truth? Or had she caught him in the act of cheating on her? She pulls out her phone seeing if he left his location on his phone...Valeire checks Ketza's location.
She sees that he did leave his location on for her.
His phone reveals that he's been at the office for the past few hours, and that he's currently still at the office in accordance with what he'd said.
A small sigh emerges from her in relief.

At least her husband isn't having an affair... Right? She lets out a relieved sigh and turns over to have a pleasant sleep