Chapter 27

When the door fell shut, the little Runespoor's heads went up curiously.
Cor, Nel and Ius felt the surge of magic being cast on the door.

A Muffling and Locking Charms, smart, Nel thought, the corners of his mouth going up.

'That witch is gutty; I'll give her that,' Ius hissed silently.

'She's invested in this to work... I pity her. Those two won't cooperate," Cor sighed.

Nel snapped his neck around to the right. He loved the other two, but they were infuriating sometimes... Especially Cor.
Still, he wouldn't want them any other way and not just because they were stuck with each other.

That's what love is, is it not? Accepting each other flaws and all and strive to be better together.

Nel shushed the two of them, his attention back to the scene in front of them.

The two young men were standing there, just the way she had left them.
Her actions had come as a surprise even for him. Nel prided himself on being quite perceptive when it came to the ins and outs of human emotions, and the girl wasn't exactly subtle with her intentions.
Well, neither were her partners, to be frank.

It was obvious that the two-legged fools were still in love with each other. It was in the way they looked at one another when they thought that no one else was looking. It was in the way their voices hitched when uttering the others' names...
But damn, they were stubborn!

Nel hadn't the faintest idea where that little... stunt of hers might be leading.
Hissing hells, this was better than any Shakespearean drama he had ever had the pleasure to witness.

Ominis was at a loss for words, something that didn't happen often. He stood there shaking his head. "She didn't just do that now, did she?" he breathed.

"Oh, she did...." Sebastian replied, trying the door. "She locked us inside by magic. Daring, I'd say!" he chuckled humourlessly.

"You find that funny, Sallow?" Ominis glared in Sebastian's direction. "I'm bloody blind without my wand. But of course, you don't see the problem with that, do you?"

Ominis sighed, oblivious to Sebastian's empathetic expression. The latter took a few steps forward.
"Do you... want to sit down while we wait for her to release us?"

Ominis anger flared up once more.

"You want to stay here and wait for her return? You really changed, huh? The Sebastian Sallow I knew would throw a chair out of the window and hunt her down to give her a piece of his mind," he snorted.

Sebastian stopped in his tracks. "She's right, you know. This right here is why we need to talk," he stepped closer, "But if you want me to try my luck with those windows, I'll do it. It doesn't look that high."

Sebastian went to the huge windows, peering down. "Huh... I might even survive the fall should I slip on that ledge—"

Sebastian began fidgeting with the window's openings, making Nel want to shut his eyes in fear of what might happen next.

Humans... so dramatic!

Ominis groaned, "Stop it, you fool. Let's just sit down and hope that elf turns up soon so that we won't starve."

Sebastian smiled, leading Ominis to the seating corner, earning a mouthed 'Thank you.' from the latter.

"I'd kill for some Firewhisky right now," Ominis said, folding his hands on his legs.

"Really now? I must admit I prefer to be sober right now," Sebastian imparted, crossing his legs and leaning his head back on the wingchair.

"Why?"