Chapter 2: I cover it up

Convincing the rest of the police officers that they were detectives was pretty easy; Thanks to their new outfits and SMG4s charisma, all of the cops quickly believed their story.

Well..

ALMOST all of the cops.

"You have GOT to be kidding me" FM said, raising his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't know a lot of things, but he knew that Four was definitely NOT a detective.

"Haha, I don't know what you mean, Officer whom I've never seen before" SMG4 answered nervously, looking at FM expectantly. He couldn't risk FM ratting them out to the other police officers. They NEEDED to get inside that Starbucks to find Eggdog.

But unlucky for them, FM didn't seem to be in the mood to play along. "Four, dude, you can't be serious. This is-"

"Of course I'm serious! A serious detective! Doing detective work, as detectives do!" SMG4 quickly cut FM off, stopping him from revealing the truth.
"Why don't we have a little chat over there, under four eyes!" SMG4 said, grabbing FM by the arm and pulling him away from the group.

Before they were too far away, SMG4 turned around one last time to face SMG3.

"I'll get FM to play along, you can start collecting evidence and asking around for Eggdog" SMG4 whispered. SMG3 nodded and turned his attention towards the group of police officers, while SMG4 continued walking away with FM.

"Okay, I don't think they can hear us here" SMG4 said, after they walked a few steps away from the rest of the group.

"Spill the beans, man. What's going on." FM asked, already annoyed.

"Okay look, SMG3 left his dog inside that building and you guys wouldn't let him go inside so we had to dress up as Detectives to get inside." SMG4 began explaining.

FM did not seem to like that explanation. "Wait wait- you're lying to a bunch of Cops for.. a dog? Four, dude, you know impersonation of a detective is ILLEGAL, right? I could arrest you right now!" FM took a step closer and SMG4 suddently became very aware of the Taser Gun that FM was wearing on his belt.

The thought of getting arrested by one of your friends wasn't particularly charming and Four had no interest in spending his afternoons in jail, but he knew that he needed to do this.

"This isn't just ANY dog, FM" SMG4 explained "This is Eggdog we're talking about. He means the world to Three. We can't leave without that little dog." SMG4 voice was confident. He couldn't back down, not after seeing how deeply SMG3 cared for Eggdog. "Please, please just let us find Eggdog. We promise we won't get in your way"

FM sighed. "Four, this is my JOB. I can't just let any random guy and his boyfriend-"

"Three's not my boyfriend." SMG4 quickly corrected.

"and his.. friend" FM corrected himself "run around an active crime scene. This is serious, Dude».

"I know your job is serious, but finding Eggdog is also serious. Three loves that little guy and would do anything for him; Who knows how much chaos he might cause if you try to stop him from finding Eggdog" SMG4 pointed out.

FM crossed his arms. He had to admit that making SMG3 angry was probably not the smartest idea, especially considering the Meme Powers he possesses.
He sighed "Can't you two just wait until the actual detectives show up? Let the professionals find Eggdog!"

"About thaaat" SMG4 looked away. "The actual detectives won't be coming. We kinda uuh... sent them away?"

"You WHAT?!" FM screamed, loud enough to make some of the cops turn around to look at them.