Chapter 20: Who's next?

Baki told me plenty of times that I didn't have to come to the arena, and the more I asked why, the more excuses he made, "I just don't want you to see him or me in a situation like this, that's all.." he would say, yet I knew this wasn't true.

the past couple of days, he's been talking as if this was his last fight, or if it was Jr's last fight. I had never given much thought to how serious this was until the morning of the competition. Baki Got up early and ate a pretty lengthy breakfast that I made of course but, he barely talked the entire morning, I figured he was nervous.

But nervous of what? he'd been fighting since he was 13 this shouldn't be anything new and I was too afraid to ask which also was weird because, Baki never gave me any reason to fear him, much less fear to ask a question.

so as usual I bit my tongue hoping he'd say something or at least pick up on my feelings like he always does, our typical guessing game. My dad was more excited than I was, saying something that went along the lines of "My daughter's Boyfriend is fighting Muhammad Ali's son! This is indeed a big deal! I wanna see how this plays out!" yet I knew that in those words my father just thought that he was going to beat Baki.

To be honest, I didn't know who would win, but I knew who I wanted to win, and of course, it was Baki. I look up blinking a bit almost forgetting where I was, me and Baki were in the car on our way to the competition, I turn to look at Baki who was already staring at me, making my body heat up "mm, Baki you're staring.."

I mumbled covering my face in which he grabs my hand pulling them down and lifting my head "You're adorable I can't help it sometimes." I swat his hand away "How many times a day do you do that?" I ask and he shrugs grabbing my face again lifting my chin, "As many times as you'll let me..I look at other things too," he says with a smirk making me quickly avert my gaze in embarrassment, "You dirty dog..!" I hiss quietly before he attacks me with kisses all over my face making me reach up in the air "Alright, alright..! you win I surrender..!" I say quietly and he giggles kissing my lips softly leaving me no choice but to kiss back.

he pulls away and pulls me over my head falling into his chest, "after this whole fighting situation, I'm taking you out somewhere, our date was ruined we can at least attempt to start that over.." he says resting his chin on my head, I nod in agreement "I'm choosing what we wear though if you choose the place." I say closing my eyes and he lets out a slow playful sigh, "Oh alright.." he says rubbing my arm.

we soon make it to the arena and Baki steps out of the car to help me fix my skirt, a man walks over to us before saying "Baki? Right this way," and then leads us inside the arena, into a room. "I'll be back for you in an hour please stay here." the man says before closing the door, Baki looks at me as I sit on the couch leaning back, "what are you thinking about," he says walking over and sitting next to me.

I hum and pull my feet onto the couch and he pulls my leg on top of his looking at me "Well, for one I wanna know the real reason you don't want me to watch you fight," Baki shrugged "just don't want you to see your friend getting hurt is all.." he said with an all to sure smile. I sigh shaking my head "I feel like the reasoning behind this fight is so stupid." Baki hums and kisses my hand "Which is why I love you, you don't crave attention, you're happy where you are I Finally believe that.." he said looking at the door, "what that I don't, crave attention?" I say in an offended tone, "No, that you're happy.." he said with a soft chuckle.

Baki then stood changing his clothes "Like I always say, my girlfriend is the suffer-in-silence type, she doesn't do what everyone else does," I lay my head back "and I never will."