Furthering Back

"George!", his friend came out of the garage with a blissful look on his face.

"I've done it!", his friend pulled a round ball out of his pocket.

"What is this?", exclaimed George.

"The model of the ... thing...", said his friend.

"The model... The.. Model....", George scrambled over to his friend and snatched a look at what his friend was holding. Months earlier, George had quit his job and left it to joint on a very rich venture. A teleportation device.

"You .. Finished it. My god..."

Months of testing on rats, gerbils, and local wildlife. They had finished with a smooth and round metal ball.

"Why is it so small?", said George.

"Well, I had a problem with the molding..", said his friend.

"Right... So what do we do with it?", George asked.

"We test it on a human.", replied his friend.

"Ok... So have you found anyone yet?", asked George.

"No, I searched for weeks and I found some people willing to do it. However, they didn't like the cons of trying it out...", his friend sighed.

The first few tests had been dreadful, many of the creatures had ended up with a misshapen body or a skeleton. Some of the creatures had come out of the teleportation device with no eyes and only empty sockets.

"I can try it out. But I'm not going to throw it to far..", said George.

"Well, sure... I will have to tell you things, however.", his friend pulled out a thick stack of paper.

-----

"So I'll send you back into the garage after ten seconds alright?"

"Ten seconds...", George replied.

"So when you throw the device you press this button and throw it on the ground.", his friend showed the button.

"Ok...."

The devices thrummed in the garage. His friend continued to talk.

"So, how much force should I apply to go forward?", asked George.

"Just drop it, so you don't go too far.", replied his friend

"Ok, now go!", exclaimed his friend, who pushed him toward the teleportation devices. George stumbled and pulled a ball into his palm.

"So, the harder I throw, the further I go?", asked George.

"Yes, throw!", his friend pushed George. He stumbled and began to pull back his arm.

"Readying....", George threw the ball.

A bright flash of light came into the garage and instantly George disappeared.

"George! Are you outside?", his friend exclaimed.

-------

George had vaporized and reformed. His particles rearranged and remade him into a new George. His eyes widened and his pupils dilated. An array of colors entered his eyes and he reformed into a person.

Light entered, and his eyes formed fully. They glinted and he blinked.

"Humph...", Pain wracked his body as he struggled. Stomp! His feet transported onto a grass lawn and he continued to walk as the pain rushed up to his nostrils and into his brain.