An Ideal to strive towards

The next morning, the ship was seen sitting idol on a glacier far from the original launch point. Y/N stood by the the main windshield before the pilot's chair rose up to reveal what appeared to be a man standing behind it.

Jor-El: To see you standing there having grown into an adult, if only Lara could've witnessed this.

 Y/N: Who are you?

Jor-El: I'm your father Kal,

Y/N was in shock at this revelation, and continued to stare at the older man in awe as he walked closer to him.

Jor-El: or rather a reflection of him, his consciousness. My name was Jor-El.

Y/N looked at his father and smiled, he finally was gonna learn where he came from.

Y/N: Kal? That's my name?

Jor-El smiled at his son before confirming that his name is Kal-El

Y/N then asked the question he's been wanting the answer to his whole life, where did he come from and why was he sent here.

Jor-El went on to explain about his home world, Krypton. A much more older and advanced civilization than Earth and that they abandoned space exploration due to artificial population control and that every child was genetically engineered to fulfill a certain role in society. 

But Jor-El and his wife Lara thought that Krypton lost something special. The ability of choice, what if a child dreamed of becoming something different than society had intended, what if they aspired to something greater. Y/N was the embodiment of that belief, Krypton's first natural birth in centuries. 

Y/N: Why didn't you come with me?

He and Jor-El were walking down a corridor of the ship when Jor-El stopped in his tracks after Y/N asked this.

Jor-El:  We couldn't Kal. No matter how much we wanted too, no matter how much we loved you, your mother Lara and I were the products of the failures of our world, tied to its fate.

Y/N: So I'm alone

Jor-El sensed the despair in his sons voice and walked around to face him.

Jor-El: No, you're as much a child of Earth now as you are of Krypton, you can embody the best of both worlds. The dream your mother and I dedicated our lives to preserve.

Suddenly the pod that they were standing next to opened to reveal a blue suit with a red cape, red boots, and a red and yellow S like emblem on the chest.

Jor-El: The people of Earth are different from us, it's true. But ultimately I believe that's a good thing, they wont necessarily make the same mistakes as us. Not if you guide them Kal, not if you give them hope. 

Jor-El opened the lapels of his jacket to reveal the same symbol on his chest.

Jor-El: That's what this symbol mean, the symbol of the House of El means hope, the embodiment within that hope that every person can be a force for good. That's what you can bring them.

Y/N stared at the suit while taking in his father's words

The doors of the ship opened up to the brisk arctic air revealing Y/N in the suit, his red cape flowing in the wind. 

Y/N walked out into the snow while contemplating the conversation with his father.

Y/N: Why am I so different from them?

Jor-El: Earth's sun is younger and brighter than Krypton's was. Your cells have drunken it's radiation, strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. Earths gravity is weaker yet it's atmosphere yet it's atmosphere is more nourishing. 

Y/N looked down at his suit before looking up to the sky.

Jor-El: You've grown stronger here then I ever could've imagined, the only way to know how strong is to keep testing your limits.

Y/N then jumped higher than anyone thought possible, he landed far away before leaping towards the sky again and again before finally trying to fly up through the clouds. He laughed to himself but then began to lose control and fall towards the ground, crashing through a mountain and into the ground.

Y/N picked himself up from the makeshift crater in the ground and got back to his feet before walking forward again.

Jor-El: You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall, but in time they will join you in the sun Kal. In time you will help them accomplish wonders.

As his fathers words ran through his mind again, Y/N look towards the sun, closing his eyes as he felt the power he got from it. Y/N kneeled and put his fist to the ground as the area around him began to shake and rumble. 

Soon he shot up into the sky and began flying over the world, creating a sonic boom as he flew. Still making sure to be careful and to navigate carefully, Y/N began to chuckle and smile at himself as he flew over the plains of Africa, over the vast ocean and through a deep canyon.

He then began to fly towards the outer atmosphere where he had a beautiful view of Earth and it was at this moment he knew what he had to do. Y/N smiled at the beautiful blue globe and knew why he was here, to protect this world from anyone who would bring harm to it, and keep her people safe.

With this thought, he reentered the atmosphere at an exhilarating speed causing a sonic boom to be heard.