Good Morning World

Its to fucking early for this, I buried my face in my pillow groaning, trying to block out the sunlight cascading into my room from my window. I know I should put up my certains but who has the time for such novelties. After heavily debating on simply turning over and ignoring the impending day ahead, I untangle myself from my sheets and sit up. I rub my eyes vigorously trying to come back to reality. As my eyes adjust, I look out across my room. It is in shambles, the hamper in the corner overflowing with semi-dirty clothes, plates and glasses scattered  carelessly atop the many surface of my dresser and desk. I sigh the lingering sensation of sleep quickly departing from my muscles as I swing my legs off the bed. The room is musty, it smells of wet and sour. I don't know why I do this to myself. When I finally get the willpower to stand the souls of my feet are met with rugged carpet. Years of neglect has left the floor firm and scratchy rather than soft. I stumble across the room towards the door. How do people get up this early every day. I want nothing more than to sleep till noon. The knob is old, the once brass color faded by grubby fingers, at least the lock still works. I can hear the commotion from downstairs. My father cursing as he fumbles around the kitchen scrapping together whatever breakfast my brother must have wanted. My brother himself is locked away in his room. I assume getting ready for the day just as I am about to do. He has music blasting, the thin walls do nothing to deter the noise. I sigh before slipping across the hall hoping my father doesn't notice i'm awake,I don't feel like talking to him just yet. The cold water from the sink shocks me into reality. It feels good, the skin on my cheeks is dry. It's been so humid outside and all this sweating has been irritating my skin. I finish up my morning routine of washing my face and half ass brushing my teeth. As I look in the mirror I am met with a tired sad vessel. I clench my jaw. My reflection and the person I see in my head are two very different people. I am disappointed. I scurry back to my room and begin the process of trying to find something to wear. Nothing ever seems to fit quite right. After scrounging through what feels like a endless pile of clothes I find something presentable though that doesn't mean much in my line of work. I opt for a black t-shirt and a pair of leggings, Simple enough. I sit back down on the edge of my bed and take a deep breath. My muscles are sore and my head is heavy. I feel myself sway ever so slightly. I want to sleep. My phone dings on the nightstand beside me, I reach for it. The notification on the screen doesn't matter much but the time does, 7:30. I turn off the screen and stand up.

Time for work.