❦・ 𝔼𝕧𝕖 - 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕥 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 ・❦

∞───☠ ・❦・ ☠───∞

∞───☠ ・❦・ ☠───∞

Clouds covered the sky that day.

The newspaper had been released earlier in the morning, and although I never paid much attention to it, the front page was on everyone's lips: the One Piece had been found, Mariejois had been annihilated, the world was finally united...

It was followed by the name Monkey D. Luffy, the new king of the pirates, and the names of a few men who had sacrificed themselves to change the course of history.

Trafalgar Law was among them.

As I glanced over one of those famous papers left on the bar counter, I tossed it behind me.

"Something strong," I demanded from the bartender without looking at him.

A few controlled breaths were enough to regain my composure. I had always expected it. Surgeons sacrificed themselves for others, and only a handful had managed to achieve a simple and peaceful death, without it being premature.

However, while I had always suspected that he wouldn't live longer than the others, my jaw trembled, my chest tightened even more, and my breath became erratic until I finally left the bar after downing my drink in one gulp and tossing the payment on the counter.

Five years had passed since Law's death.

Five meaningless years, marked by a complete disinterest in everything.

I had traveled the world hundreds of times, deciphered every poneglyph that crossed my path. The nature of the One Piece had never been a secret to me, for the Celestial Dragons did not yet exist when I was mortal.

But despite all the changes that had taken place over the years, the boredom never ceased. And as for my greatest regret... it was now having met Trafalgar Law.

His face haunted my every night, and not even the fierce battle between Dorry and Broggy on Little Garden was enough to distract me from it.

What use was it to see his face in my dreams now that he was gone? I tried to forget, to push away my thoughts, but they constantly converged back to him.

I relived my departure, our last moments together, our one and only kiss... and I regretted it.

I had fled too late, and now the pain added to the frustration of not having stayed.

Tired of the battle between the two giants, I eventually set sail to return to my island. It was the only place where I truly felt at home.

It remained just as I had left it, and my relief was even greater when I saw that the whirlpools had not disappeared despite the changing currents and the rebirth of All Blue.