Chapter - 3 - I hope we can be friends

Tanjiros pov

I was running home as fast as I possibly could once I got home I noticed mom and Nezuko and the rest of my siblings giving a basket to someone. By someone I mean a whole family.

I tried to sneak past them but Rokuta the youngest of my family suddenly yelled. "Mom Onii-Chan's back!" Rokuta then jumped into my arms and gave me a hug and soon the rest of my siblings followed.

"So that's the son that your talking about?" A lady asked. I couldn't really see her well because of the army of kids trampling me.

"Yes. This is my eldest son Tanjiro." My mother said to the lady.

"Well we have a son around his age. Maybe they can be friends?" Another voice said this time the voice sound deeper almost like a man's voice.

I finally got all of my siblings off of me and finally I got to meet this family.

"Yes that's lovely! You mentioned before you had two kids of your own, correct?" My mom asked.

"Yes, twins actually. But they are complete opposites." The lady said.

"Oh! Well that's adorable." My mom said.

"You guys are wonderful neighbors. We'll see you around! Goodnight!" The couple said.

Me and the rest of my family also said our goodbyes and goodnights to our neighbors and we left to our house. Just as I was about to sneak off to my room my mom called me.

"Tanjiro. Where do you thing your going?" My mom asked.

"Yes mom?" I replied sounding a bit nervous.

"Where were you all day?! You missed dinner!" My mom said her voice having the slightest bit of anger in it.

"Sorry my I was out with a friend. And I lost track of time." I said while facing my gaze to the ground.

"My eyes are up here Tanjiro." My mom said while my crossing her arms. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?! We've been waiting for you for hours!" Mom said raising her voice slightly.

"I'm really sorry mom..I didn't mean to make you worry..I just kind of lost track of time. It won't happen ever again I promise!" I said trying not to make the situation worse for me.

"Alright..I'll let us slide this time. Anyway, me and your siblings are going to visit your grandparents house tomorrow. The Nezuko didn't want to go since she said she was busy with school. How about you?" Mom said.

"I don't think I can go either. It's nearly spring and I don't think it's safe for me to leave the house.." I said sighing deeply.

"Oh right I forgot! Sorry dear..we can schedule a different day to visit your grandparents if you want." Mom said.

"No no no. Mom it's fine. You guys can go I can stay home with Nezuko." I insisted. Mom thought for a while and agreed.

"Alright. But if anything happens make sure to call me immediately ok!" Mom said sounding serious.

"Ok we will. Love you!" I said while heading to my room.

"Love you to. Goodnight!" She called out before I closed the door to my room and plopped onto my bed and thought for a while until I realized something. I LEFT MUICHIRO AT THE PARK ALONE!

I began to worry and soon my worries turned into a panic and soon my panic turned into complete fear as different scenarios crossed my path on what could've happened to him. Suddenly I heard a sound. It sounded like tapping but it wasn't and it was coming from my window.

I walked over to my window and saw a small pebble thrown at my window. What the hell? Who would do that at this hour of the night? I looked and I saw nothing until I looked up and saw Muichiro waving through a window. Wait..was that couple my mom welcomed to the neighborhood Muichiro and Yuichiro's parents? I opened the window and so did Muichiro.

The only thing blocking us from communicating was huge tree between our windows. (Kinda like Alexa & Katie ya know what I'm saying 😌👍) I jumped onto the tree cautiously and made sure it was safe but surprisingly it was. So I signaled Muichiro if he wanted to get onto the tree as well and he nodded in reply. We both sat on the tree looking up into the sky watching the stars.

"I thought you got lost on your way back from the park. Sorry for leaving you there.." I apologized as I laughed nervously.

"It's fine.."

There was a awkward silence between us until Muichiro broke with a question.

"Hey Tanjiro..."

"Hm?"

"Are you an omega..?"

Suddenly my whole world fell apart and I froze right there on the spot. Of course he would've know I'm an omega...he's an alpha..

"Yeah...I am...what gave it away..?" I asked him.

"Oh it's just...the scent you give off at sudden times..." he answered while laughing slightly.

"Is it a bad scent?! Do I smell bad when it happens?!" I asked concerned tone.

"No don't worry. You actually smell really sweet. You smell like..strawberries and honey on a beautiful spring morning." Muichiro described.

For some reason when the other alphas who've been near me during heat never really described what I smell like that. Even if they did it wouldn't feel special like the way Muichiro says it with his soft and gentle voice.

"Well I think we'd better head to bed for school tomorrow. Night." Just as Muichiro began to leave I felt really hot and lightheaded my whole body was burning as I started to pant.

Not again...

"Y-yeah I'll see you at school..!" I said in a hurry as I quickly climbed out the tree back through my window as I began to dig through my dresser looking for my suppressants. I found then and soon everything went back to normal. Well almost normal.

Just as I was about close my curtains I saw a sticky not on my window. I grabbed it and read through it. It was Muichiro's number. I smiled slightly as I looked through my window to find Muichiro smiling back at me before closing his curtains so I closed mind and saved Muichiro's number onto my phone and went to sleep. I really like Muichiro...

Even though he is an alpha and I'm an omega I hope that we can be great friends.

Word count: 1089  🤷‍♀️