✿|²³

Cassie took long, deep breaths and fiddled with the fabric of the white blanket that covered her legs while the doctor made an ultrasound

Cassie took long, deep breaths and fiddled with the fabric of the white blanket that covered her legs while the doctor made an ultrasound. In the last hour, as the appointment came closer, the brunette became more and more nervous and really wanted to cancel the appointment, but she needed to know. Even if everything pointed to the fact that she was pregnant, it could still have been a false alarm⸺ which was probably just wishful thinking.

She turned her head to look at Happy, who was sitting tensely next to her, holding her hand in his, giving it reassuring squeeze as he realized how nervous Cassie was. The doctor hadn't even said much and it was too much for her already. However, she couldn't just jump up and walk out of the room as if nothing had ever happened.

“Here it is.” Dr. Summerlin pointed at the screen, showing them where their baby was. “The embryo is still small of course but there's definitely a baby. Let me check the heartbeat.”

There it was, a smile forming on Happy's lips. He never dropped his mask, which made him appear cold and emotionless, in front of people he didn't have a close relationship with. And now he was sitting in the chair, his eyes on the screen looking at his baby, smiling. Even if you couldn't see much yet, it wasn't just a small dot anymore. It had definitely already taken the form of an embryo.

“Ah, there it is. The heartbeat is strong and the embryo seems to be developing well and without any problems”, the doctor explained to both of them and smiled friendly. “You are seven weeks pregnant. Congratulations.”

Cassie reached up a hand to slightly clasp her throat after a small yelp slipped past her lips. This was definitely too much for her. Panic started to creep in as she laid there petrified with a heavy feeling in her stomach. Seeing her own baby on the screen made her panic more than she thought it would. A feeling of disorientation and dizziness spread through her body as her breathing quickened to the point where she began to hyperventilate.

“Cassie, hey.” Happy was on his feet quickly when he saw his Old Lady being close to passing out right in front of him from all the panic.

His mind was racing while worrying about his girlfriend increased drastically. He knew she didn't want the baby, that she was afraid of becoming a mother, but he didn't know it was that extreme.

He gently ran his fingers through her hair and commanded her to look at him after the doctor interrupted the ultrasound and stood patiently next to the couple, surprised at how caring the tall biker was. She had probably formed her judgment too early when the young nurse entered her examination room with a Son.

“Look at me, little girl”, he demanded again, holding her chin between his fingers.

“I⸺I can't do this, Happy”, she chocked out, her breathing still way too fast. “I'm not ready for this.”

She swore that she saw a hint of pain flashing in his eyes, which caused tears to form in her eyes. The proud, excited look on his usually stoic face when the doctor showed them the baby was burned into her mind already, causing her to feel guilty and horrible. Which immediately sent her into the next panic attack.