Chapter 16

Noelle's P.O.V

I quickly found a chair to sit on, wanting to get this all sorted out. Loki settled against the wall, leaning on it. Thor was pacing, and my father was sitting calmly in a chair. He seemed unaware of the tension in the room.

"Now that we are all here, I believe it's time for me to explain a very long prophecy." He said. Loki's posture straightened and Thor stopped pacing.

"You mean you are here because of a prophecy?" Thor asked.

"Actually, I and two other people in this room are, in fact, here by prophecy." Both he and Loki looked at me.

"What are you getting into?" What was I about to hear? I wanted answers to Odin's murder and how Loki's signature got to the crime scene. What did prophecy have to do with anything?

"I told you, a very long story."

****************************************

Every being in the universe is capable of seeing prophecy, as our futures are so intertwined with one another. When prophecy emerges, a seer will be given the ability to read the prophecy. Some prophecies are harmless, and others are not. Some require action, some require apathy.

Groa was a child when she first saw the prophecy of the universe. And it took her years to understand that she was merely the seer who would inspire the action of a golden haired Asgardian, known as the catalyst. The catalyst was to protect the prophecy and ensure it would take its due course.

A being of no origin would one day rise. This being would crawl from the deepest depths of the universe, bent on power and malice. One with a goal to rule. This being would start small, gathering allies, followers. He would overthrow kings and emperors, and soon would have an army at his back. He would face death itself and manage to overthrow it.

Eventually his very name would inspire hate and fear in every corner of the universe. Entire worlds would tremble at his very presence. But he could not conquer this universe with an army alone. He would need a greater power: The Infinity Gauntlet.

Many would see his plans to take each stone by force and reforge the gauntlet, but none would be able to withstand his fury long enough to hide the stones or destroy them. And thus, the universe was his.

But, the universe has a way of acting on its own, bending the world to its will and creating its defences. And to defend itself it made a new gem: The Amaranth.

The Amaranth was created out of the yawning abyss as a counterpart to the infinity stones. The Amaranth could take shape into any stone. The bearers of the flower gem would stop the threat of the being and restore balance to the universe.

This should have been the end of it.

Thanos had a seer of his own. One who informed him of these events that would come to pass and the defiance of the universe. He searched for years, looking for the one who would bear the flower gem and destroy him.

During his search, a child was born to Laufey and Farbauti, the king and queen of Jotunheim. A son, who would be the first bearer of the gem. The child was small and ugly for a frost giant, and the parents were disgusted. During the war against Asgard the child was put out to die, as food was scarce and they could not afford to feed anyone who would not benefit the war.

Thanos had been so close to the child, close enough to take his life...but he was distracted by a golden haired Asgardian who had been following him and undoing his traps and plans. And the child was instead picked up by Odin, king of Asgard. The child was now in proper hands, able to grow and nurture his power. Thanos was kept busy for centuries by the golden haired Asgardian, who was in a race to find and hide the Amaranth.