The Days Are Getting Darker

Today is the day. The first day of senior year. I know that this is supposed to be a happy day, but it somehow it didn't seem like that.

I woke up feeling great, I'm happy that after this year is done that I get to start college and start a new adventure with my life. I've been accepted to six different colleges with four year scholarships. I haven't actually decided on a college yet but I know I should decide soon, which I will I just need time to figure out where I want to go.

I walk to the bathroom and find it locked. The only person I know who hogs the bathroom is my little brother, Bryan. He's in there almost every morning and he knows that it pisses me off when he hogs it.

"Bryan, you better be finishing up in there!" I yell as I bang down the door.

It's his first day of freshman year. He's fifteen and almost my height. The thing between my family and I is that they are all tan and I'm pale white, they have pale blue eyes and mine are a deep blue. I never really understood why I'm the one who stands out the most but I figured out how to shrug it off and not care.

"You're fine, you always look perfect! You don't need the bathroom like I do!" He yelled back to me.

Ugh, I hate that word. It's such an ugly word. What is perfect? What is the true definition of perfection? No one knows what true perfection is, if it actually exist for that matter. Everyone tells me that I look perfect, even while I'm wearing bum clothes. I don't understand why everyone tells me that. No one is perfect, or maybe everyone is perfect. You never actually know.

"You know I hate that word! Plus I have to pee and brush my teeth!" I continue to bang the door.

Knowing Bryan he's ignoring me right about now. Sighing I walk back to my room and put on my Asking Alexandria black band tee with my black skinny jeans and black vans. My favorite color is black so most of my cloths are black.

Thank God by the time I was done getting dressed I could hear the bathroom door unlock and opening.

"All yours." Bryan says, smiling at me.

I let out a low growl as I walk to the bathroom and close the door behind me. I take my toothbrush and and cut on the sink and brush my teeth.

As I brush my teeth I start to smell something foul, it's a strong nasty smell that smells like dog. I have always hated the smell of dogs in general. I've always been a cat person, which is why I've begged my parents numerous times to get us a cat. Needless to say that we still don't have a cat

I finish brushing my teeth and head down stairs. There was a feeling in the air that felt wrong. I shrug it off and walk into the kitchen to see my mom, my dad, and my uncle Red.

Uncle Red is like me, he doesn't have the same appearance as the rest of my family. He too has pale white skin, but he has striking hazel brown eyes. Uncle Red comes over often, but today was a surprise.

My family is sitting at the table and their heads shoot up when I walked into the kitchen. "Uh, morning guys." I say as I pick up an apple.

"Morning Alex, can you join us at the table?" My dad says, waving a hand to the seat next to my uncle.

I took the seat and prepare myself for what ever is about to happen. If this is about me getting drunk at that party the other day then I'm in big trouble, but then again. How would they know about me getting drunk at a party?

"What's going on?" I ask, glancing around the table.

"Alex, if you haven't figured out by now that you stand out from the rest of the family. Uh, what we're about to tell you is going to be really shocking." my mom says, giving me sympathetic eyes.