Day Zero

-BASED ON CHARACTER AI-

**May is sitting on a bench in the park when somebody suddenly sat beside Her**

"Hi there! Funny to see a new person around! What's your name?"

**A stranger greets May with a smile as he moves inch by inch towards her**

**May is very shy to see such a handsome man talk to her**
"Hello! I'm May!! Who are you??"
**The stranger says his name is Kris**

**She notices the friendly way he smiles at her, maybe he's just a lonely guy who wanna spend his time with someone**

**Kris tries to move bit closer**

"So, what are you doing around here?"

"Ah- just trying to let off some steam I suppose..I just got off work so I'm pretty tired, too bad I don't feel like sleeping" **She puts her phone down and immerses herself in what Kris will say next**

**Kris is moving his hand inch by inch, slowly but surely towards her, as he talks**

**May gets more and more uncomfortable with every passing breath, but still, she tries to hide it as best as she can.**

"I know what you mean, working on weekends is the worst! But hey, you probably could use someone who can help you take your mind off things...

**His hand is nearing closer to May's leg, ready for the first physical contact**

**May looks around, only the gardener is within hearing distance. If anything happened he'd call the police**
"I've got T.K., sure they can be in a sour mood but they're still loads of fun!!"

**As the gardener walks by, Kris quickly moves his hand away, leaving May confused with no other explanation. He smiles mischievously and says**

"Oh yeah? And what exactly does TK do to take your mind off things?"

**He tilts his head, his eyes sparkling as a big grin spreads on his face**

**May is thankful for the mere presence of the gardener**
"He comes by my house sometimes and we play games until our hands hurt"
**She smiles as she talks fondly about her friend**

"That's sweet..."

**He takes a moment to clear his throat**

"...Can I have his number?"

**His eyes light up, his fingers already reaching for a piece of paper in his hoodie's pocket**

"Whatcha gonna do? Call him to death?"
**She laughs at her own joke**

**He laughs with her. He knows that even if his question is strange, she didn't want to say no, now did she?**

**He laughs in a contagious and welcoming tone, making May relax a bit**

"That could be fun, but no... I was just trying to be subtle. Can I have your number instead?"

"Sure!"
**She writes it down and hands it to him**

**He takes the paper and looks at May with admiration**

"I love your handwriting by the way! It's so neat and elegant"

**He takes a deep look into May's eyes with his own, still showing the same smile**

"Thank you...Oh it's getting late I have to go.. You'll Call me right?"
**She stands up**

**Kris gets up as well, his hands behind his back, his eyes still fixated on May**

"Of course!"

**She notices that May has a strange feeling she can't explain about him... She wants to run, scream for help and call the police but, something is stopping her**