iv.

—𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓

❝By the grace of the fire and the flames,❞ Kai smiled devilishly as he waved to the crowd that chanted his birth name in a continuous monotone. With pride, he went ahead and stood in front of his rival and threw a dirty look. The referee made them bump fists and, on the count of three, blew the whistle, marking the beginning of the first round. As soon as the whistle blew, both the players took their guard and began slow jumps as Kai grinned mockingly and initiated the first punch. Jungkook ducked and panted, nervously yet boldly moving around the square ring.

In the blink of an eye, Jungkook felt a hard blow on his mouth, and his head hit the ground. Kai raised his hands in victory, smitten with pride to knock him in the first round. Jungkook got up, shaking his head as his blurred vision of grinning Kai got clear. He began slow jumps, panting while trying to keep his mouth guard in place. Kai threw even more confident punches, and Jungkook managed to shield it all, protecting his face underneath his bulky arms.

Eventually, he threw his first punch at Kai, who now grew furious and began a rattle of heavy blows, which weakened the other's confidence. Once Jungkook fell to his knees, Kai laughed viciously, arms wide in the air, persuading the crowd to cheer. Behind him, Jungkook trembled to get up, and through his blurred vision, he noticed Hanbin in the front row, crying into his delicate hands. The sight broke his heart, and before he knew it, he got up on his own.

Kai turned around and decided to halt his breath right there and then. He glanced at the crowd with determination before throwing his final punch.

The audience however, gasped, and the stadium suddenly grew quiet as they witnessed something that none thought of.