Prolog

It was another night, same as ever in my boring life. I find myself having trouble sleeping, tossing and turning in my bed, until I eventually just stare up at my room, the covers falling off of me, onto the floor. The roof is pure white, and contrasts against the dry-blue walls.

Suddenly I hear a loud crash coming from downstairs, causing me to jolt up. If only I could pin this on a sibling or pet and just deal with it in the morning, but I live entirely alone. With no other choices, I get up, grabbing both a bat and my phone just to be safe.

I walk into the deep, dark hallway, relying on how well I know my house to make my way around without turning on any lights. As soon as I walk off of the final stair my foot gets stuck, and I am entirely unable to move it no matter how hard I try to.

I grab out my phone from my pocket and turn it on, originally going to see what was around my foot, but I accidentally flash it at someone.. an intruder. He's wearing a hood that makes it hard to see his face, and he appears to have... a tail..? Black, goopy stuff surrounds him, and it seems like it was originally coming for me, but it backs away due to the sudden flash. "Aoleu!!" The guy shouts

I realize that my foot is no longer stuck, so I rush at him, and I hit him with a bat with a loud POOFSH sound, causing him to fall to the ground. I stare down at him, slowly coming back to reality, but when I do I realize that I might've just killed a man. "Ahhh, shoot." I crouch down by him, taking a knee, like in sports, and I feel for a pulse. "Oh good.." I say, relieved. But now I have another issue to deal with. A live man broke into my house, and I have no idea what he's going to do once he wakes up.

So, I decide to bring him to the dining room, tying him to a chair using a singular zip tie, that'll work for sure! I then sit in the chair across from him and wait to interrogate him, and one way or another, I'll find out why he decided to break into my house.

(The chapters will be much longer!!)