Chapter 3

IN LINK VRAINS

Security drones from SOL Technologies were patrolling LINK VRAINS on their routine patrol when the Dark Ignis appeared nearby. The drones immediately noticed the Ignis and activated their sirens.

"Gugh! They found me!" the Dark Ignis said before running off, with the drones following after him.

•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•

SOL TECHNOLOGIES - PRIVATE MEETING ROOM

Soon after the Dark Ignis was sighted. Akira Zaizen, the security manager at SOL Technologies, walked into the lengthy, empty conference space.

 Akira Zaizen, the security manager at SOL Technologies, walked into the lengthy, empty conference space

Akira is a fair skinned young man with blue and teal hair and pink eyes. He wears a suit which consists of a blue coat with a darker one underneath, a white shirt, and a black tie. He also wears blue sports trousers and black shoes.

The holographic system in the room turned on when Akira reached the edge of the platform

The holographic system in the room turned on when Akira reached the edge of the platform. A enormous white bishop chess piece appeared in front of Akira as the holographic technology enlarged the dimly lit room, turning the floor into a black-and-white checkerboard, the ceiling into a yellow sky with dark clouds, and the room itself into a larger size.

 A enormous white bishop chess piece appeared in front of Akira as the holographic technology enlarged the dimly lit room, turning the floor into a black-and-white checkerboard, the ceiling into a yellow sky with dark clouds, and the room itself i...

"Zaizen, is it true that Ignis has appeared?" the bishop asked

"Yes, bishop-sama." Akira answered "We know for sure he's somewhere inside the network."

"SOL Technologies has been the leading force in the network for many years now. Thanks to the data material that the Cyberse created." the bishop said "But five years ago due to the attack from Hanoi, the AI known as Ignis hid the Cyberse somewhere in the network."

"Due to the removal of the Cyberse, the supply of data material has steadily been decreasing. Network efficiency has decreased by over %30." Akira said "Additionally, there is a good probability that more data will be lost if the Dark Monsters continue to target LINK VRAINS."

"How is the investigation coming along with that? Any fresh leads to report?" the bishop asked

"Unfortunately not, Bishop-sama. There are not many witnesses, and nearly all of their testimonies are identical." Akira said "Furthermore, rumors of the Dark Monsters are beginning to spread on online chat rooms. And it's probable that soon the general public will discover that the rumors are true."

"If we don't find the Cyberse, the network will fall further into chaos." the bishop said "And if that happens, the fate of our company's future is quite grim. We must do whatever it takes to find that Ignis and learn the location of the Cyberse."

"Understood." Akira said, while bowing.

•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•

SECRET SERVER- HANOI'S HIDEOUT

The masked man who invaded the Cyberse World five years ago teleported into the room, bringing the space to life. Appearing behind the masked man was a fair skinned man with gray hair that was parted with one bang going over the left side of his face, and light blue eyes. He wore a white suit with the knights of Hanoi "T" around his top and white shoes.

 He wore a white suit with the knights of Hanoi "T" around his top and white shoes

"Revolver-sama, we've found traces of Ignis." the gray hair man said to the masked man "If SOL Technologies captures Ignis, the Cyberse will resurrect."

"If that happens, our efforts will go to waste." Revolver said "We must find him before SOL Technologies."

"There is one other concern." the gray hair man said "An individual by the name of Playmaker has been hindering our efforts."

"An agent of SOL Technologies, perhaps?" Revolver said thinking "No, they'd be more public about it."

"He has skillfully blocked all our tracking methods and erased his activity from the LINK VRAINS logs." the gray hair man said "He must be an expert hacker."

"This is quite interesting, but ignore him for now." Revolver said "Searching for Ignis is our main priority."

•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•

PRIVATE SERVER - DAGGER'S OFFICE

"Sir! I've received a report that the Dark Ignis has been spotted in LINK VRAINS!" Ogasawara told his boss by video call "And SOL Technologies is planning to run a scan in LINK VRAINS tonight to try and catch the Ignis."

"I see... Prepare to activate the Dark Monster virus." Dagger said "The Hanoi will mostly take advantage of this and also try to capture the Ignis. Which will make a good opportunity for us to obtain more Dark Monsters."

"Yes, sir! But sir, there's one more thing." Ogasawara said "We recently checked in on our app and found a new player with monster cards you might be interested in."

Ogasawara then brought up information on a player named "Cyan" onto Dagger's computer screen, along with images of her monster cards.

"Oh~ DIVINE attribute Cyberse monsters? This is interesting!" Dagger said, and then began to look at the information they collected from Cyan's phone.

"She just downloaded our app today, and isn't very skilled at dueling. But she might make a strong Dark Monster!" Ogasawara said "When she reaches the required level, we'll infect her with the virus, then..."

"There's no need for that. " Dagger interrupted

"Eh? Why not, sir?" Ogasawara questioned in confusion.

"This girl seems to have a lot of musical talent. Along with her Cyberse monsters, I think she'll be more useful in phase three." Dagger said before getting up from his desk "Have the team prepare the dimension portal. And let them know that I'll be bringing Cyan here myself."