Something isn't right.

After a long car journey, you arrived to what looked like a lovely home, very modern and quite large, the excitement inside you grew. The Harnwicks had speny the entire car journey in silence which seemed a little strange to you but it allowed you to have a nap and just watch the world pass by outside your window.

After parking in the garage, they offered no help to carry your bags inside, they just stood and watched you struggle. "So, do you guys have any pets? I'm really good with animals." You say, trying to make some conversation. You noticed Donna looked very uncomfortable and unhappy whereas Markus looked very confident and a little intimidating, he spoke up: "We used to have a dog, but sadly she passed away, didn't she Donna, this is a very touchy subject for her, don't be so glum, sweetheart." That last word seemed to awaken Donna from her daydream as a small, timid smile crept up on her face, and she responded "Yes dear." I'm a quiet voice.

After getting your bags inside the house, you asked where your room would be, getting no response from Donna who just disappeared into another room, Markus waltzed in, picking up your bags and motioning for you to follow him. As he lead you up what seemed like 20 flights of stairs, you tried to strike up conversation. "How come you decided adoption instead of having your own children?" His steps slowed down as he answered your inquiry, "Donna's unable to carry children, her uterus is, what her doctors called, a harsh environment, any child wouldn't survive in there." His tone was low and deep, you apologize for bringing it up. And continue the walk in silence.

As you got to the top of the stairs, you realised it was an attic bedroom, Markus swung open the door to reveal a tatty, damp and dark room, he tossed your bags inside and strode in. "This will be where you're sleeping, child, there will be no questions asked. Got it?" At this point he was less than a foot Infront of you, staring now his nose with no expression. "Oh of course, I love it!" You chirp, trying to stay positive, but as you look up at him, his expression is blank, so you decided to put your head down.

Something didn't seem right about this place, about this couple.