01

POISON FOR BREAKFAST

"are you poisoning yourself?"

kuroo eyed the color of the drink in your hand suspiciously. "should i be worried?"

you rolled your eyes at his exaggeration. "no? it's a green juice, i got it from tiktok." the sun hit your face when you passed the enormous tree outside your house, so you had to shield your eyes when looking up at kuroo as he spoke again.

"doesn't mean it's not poisonous" he argued. you took a sip and offered it to him. "you can try if you want?"

he raised his hand to immediately stop your offer, scoffing. "i'd rather not, thank you."

"such a pussy" you murmured, smiling at the ground. your walking-to-school-partner let his sunglasses drop from his head onto his nose, bending down to you a little, like he could hear you better that way.

"what was that?"
"oh, nothing. i was talking to myself."

his serious face had almost given in to the radiance of your innocent grin, but kuroo's pride was saved by another voice.

"she called you a pussy" kenma filled kuroo in, exposing you nonchalantly. he was waiting for the two of you at the crossroads, lost in the world of whatever game he was playing.

apparently, his hearing didn't suffer though.

"did she now?" kuroo's eyebrows were raised above his glasses and you could predict that he would shove you. he did.

"thank you kenma, once again i have to return home with bruises and trauma."

kuroo laughed out loud. "what? trauma? i didn't even properly shove you!" he defended himself.

you squinted at him hostilely, briefly thinking about shoving him back but you chose not to, regarding how that back and forth would end.

"you forget that not everyone is as robust as bokuto" kenma reminded his friend. kuroo simply shrugged that fact off. "whatever."

"speaking of bokuto, when's your next match with fukurōdani?" you asked, keeping a safe distance from kuroo in case he decided to tease you again.

said looked at kenma for answers, but the blonde did not feel addressed so there was silence.

"i don't know, to be honest" kuroo admitted finally. for a captain, he couldn't care less about events concerning his team.

"then find out" you ordered. with furrowed brows, kuroo looked at you, wondering where the audacity came from.

"excuse me? since when do you command me?"

you shrugged. "i wanna see bo again."

"why? you have us?" kuroo stated. "bokuto's annoying."

"you are too. that's why he's your best friend." kuroo loved to act as though he was better than everyone, but when he was with bokuto, each half of the brain cell they had connected to a whole.

if platonic soulmates existed, you were sure that kuroo and bokuto were the example.

"if you say so. still, are we not enough for you?" with feigned dismay, he brought a hand to his heart.

"no."

"thanks" kenma sounded from the side. you had forgotten he was there. "sorry kenma. you know you're special to me!"

whilst kenma didn't seem to really care, kuroo was affected all the more. "what about me?? am i special to you??"

you put his concern off with a movement of your hand. "not really ."