Chapter - (3)

It wasn't long before Niki and Jake's relationship became the worst-kept secret in the band. The other members had started to catch on to their chemistry, and Niki and Jake were finding it harder and harder to keep up the act.

It all came to a head during a fan meet-and-greet. Niki and Jake were sitting together, signing autographs and taking photos with fans, when one of them asked, "Are you guys dating?"

Niki froze, not knowing how to respond. But before he could say anything, Jake spoke up.

"Yes, we are," he said, his voice steady and confident.

Niki looked at him in shock, but Jake just gave him a small smile, as if to say, "It's okay."

The fans erupted into cheers and applause, and Niki and Jake were suddenly the center of attention. It was a moment that they had both been dreading and anticipating, and now that it was here, they didn't know how to feel.

The rest of the meet-and-greet passed in a blur, with fans congratulating them and asking questions about their relationship. Niki and Jake answered as honestly as they could, but it was overwhelming to have their personal lives on display like this.

Afterwards, as they were getting ready to leave, Heeseung pulled them aside.

"I knew it," he said, grinning. "I'm happy for you guys, you know that, right?"

Niki and Jake exchanged a relieved smile. "Thanks, man," Jake said. "We were worried about how you would react."

Heeseung shrugged. "It's not my place to judge. As long as you guys are happy, that's all that matters."

It was a weight off their shoulders to have one of their closest friends in the band on their side. As they left the venue and made their way back to their hotel, Niki and Jake held hands, feeling more in love and more vulnerable than ever before.

They still didn't know what the future held, but they knew that they would face it together, with their hearts intertwined and their love as strong as ever.