Doubts persist

"I'll see you tonight, Wooyeon. Don't fall asleep without me".

As I understood the meaning of these words, I shouted aloud.

"Sorry??"

Did I hear that correctly? That's not how I created Charlize.

'My mentor and counsellors are waiting for me in my office to continue the administrative tasks but I also want to spend time with you. Although my work takes a long time, I want to see you on my breaks and I also want to be able to eat with you".
Now that Charlize had become Emperor, all the nobles paid their attention to her. If a nobleman notices Charlize paying me too much attention, she'll get in trouble.

"Charlize, I want you to become a respected emperor of all and that no one will dare defame. Ever since you told the nobles you already love someone, they're already looking for that person. They'll probably list all the people you come in contact with, and sooner or later, they'll know that that person is me. Perhaps even some will not hesitate to turn their backs on you because they will not accept that a former slave becomes the empress".

"Are you asking me to agree to marry a young nobleman so as not to tarnish my reputation? It is out of the question that I marry someone else if it is not you and it is not conceivable that you become only a concubine as my mother was".

Charlize stopped talking. The garden of the emperor's palace where Charlize had joined me was completely silent. There were no maids, servants, or nobles who heard our discussion. His voice showed anger and frustration. I shivered at his tone. I thought back to Charlize's words "I will cut the tongue of all who speak against you". Charlize stared at me with eyes that seemed ready to burst into tears at any moment. I resumed my speech.

'Right now, I would be a burden to you, Charlize. I can't keep up with you. Even though I created this world, I still don't have the charisma or the knowledge to sit on the empress's throne. If I want to be accepted and respected, I have to make an effort to have the right to stand by you. You are the person who occupies my thoughts the most and I appreciate all that you have done for me until today".

"Wooyeon, I don't understand what you mean".

Charlize answered Wooyeon honestly. In fact, Charlize didn't understand why Wooyeon was so low.

"Since I became your slave, you have given me a job, 3 meals a day, a bracelet to find me if I was kidnapped and you taught me how to use a sword. What have I done for you?"

With a forced smile, I remembered the surprise visit of Lillian to the 3rd regiment and who demanded to see me, a request that Charlize did not want to honor at first but had to bow after his defeat at chess against Lillian.

"I have brought you nothing but trouble. I have repeatedly put you in a difficult situation. All your life, you have made many efforts. You had to struggle to survive and now it's up to me to do the same. When I created you, I described you as an exceptional person with exceptional physical abilities and the ability to wield a sword freely. But I don't have any of that. My only strength is my magic. But I'm not from this world, so my magic only lasts 10 minutes".

"....... That's enough".

Charlize no longer wanted to hear anything. At that point, she understood the message that Wooyeon wanted her to understand. Wooyeon felt the nobles would stand in the way of our relationship.

"All I want is you and nothing else. I don't care what others think".

"Your Majesty!!"

We turn our heads towards the origin of the noise. Duke Arven came running. She looked at us in turn.