001: From Another Dimension

Madeline's pov;*outfit above*

I was sitting at my vanity, scrolling through tik tok, when someone burst into the room. When I looked up, I saw my older sister, Hartley.

"do you want to meet the neighbors?" said Hartley

"no, thank you. i'm not interested as it would require interacting with elderly individuals, and fortunately, I tend to treat them unkindly."

"since when do you talk properly?" said Hartley confused

"idk." I shrugged.

"fine," she says. She slams down one of the cards.

"not the uno cards!!!"

My sister and I have a tradition of using Uno cards to keep track of favors owed to each other. Unfortunately, it seems that this practice has now come back to haunt me.

"When I was 6 and 7 Christmases old, you made my cabbage patch doll explode whenever I held her. you owe me," said Hartley.

"I thought you forgot"

"you almost killed me!" said Hartley pissed.

"I'll go put my shoes on."

With a nervous feeling, I slipped on my shoes and accompanied my grandmother Celica and Hartley to visit our new neighbor's house.

An old blonde lady answers the door. The house was pretty cozy. But my grandma continued to ring the doorbell until someone opened it.

"Oh, look, everybody. It's our landlady Celica and her granddaughters Hartley and Madeline," said The woman as we enter the house.

"Hello, landlady Celica and her granddaughters Hartley and Madeline," They all say.

I can get past that creepy invitation but I cannot get passed them saying that creeped me out. It was awkward.

"Your first month's rent is ten bucks short," said Celica holding out her hand.

"Oh, sorry about that." said the father. He took out his wallet and grabbed some money. "Can you break a twenty?" he added.

"Nope," She said taking his money.

"You look really familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" said Hartley.

"No I don't think so," said the Burnett one nervously laughing.

"Weird," I mumbled to Hartley.

"It's not fair to judge people based on their way of expressing themselves. We should take the time to get to know them first," replied Hartley, dismissing the criticism.

"We were about to watch a movie," said the mother.

"What are we watching? I love a good war movie," said Celica barging into their home and sitting right now on the couch.

I didn't want to barge in so I just stayed against the wall.

"Uh, on second thought, we should really get some rest," said the Burnett one.