Chapter 1

Arumi POV

"Mommyyyy , why do we have to move , we was doing just fine here?" I started picking up boxes to put them in the van .
" Baby i told you that i just got a new job and it pays well , but i promise you'll love it there , now shut up and put the boxes in the van "

My mom , Nayima , is a single mother and shes hardworking . Shes been a single parent ever since i was born . My dad died 3 months after i was born. Im Arumi /Ruru /Rumi and im 17 . Im from Miami and im jamaican and ghanaian .

"How the fu- hell did you find a job in lauderdale that pays well? " I had to save myself. The last time she took my phone i didn't get it back for at least a month ( it was too weeks ) but still im not going through that again .

Omniscient POV

After the whole packing and dashing things into the moving van . Arumi and her mother were driving to the new house  .  The car ride was pure silent with Why Don't You- Cleo Sol playing in the background as well as her mom singing. Arumi thinks about all the memories of Florida and how much memories of the future she'll miss .

Stokeley POV

"Aye bitch nigga where ma money at "  I ransacked his pockets in his coat and everything . My money was no where to be found .
" Please ski I just need two weeks and i swear I-"
" Shut up the fuck up , Jah fuck him up rq "
" aight bro "
I watched as Jah continuously punched him . He had serious issues with him so shit wasn't sweet for him at all . I told Jah to stop cuz if he didn't the nigga would be in jail . Again. His face was fucked up , I picked it up just to observe even more .
" I want my money by thursday , aight ?"  The nigga couldn't even say anything he just whimpered and nodded .  My phone started buzzing. It was my mom , the time was 11:56 . Shit i was meant to be home an hour ago.
"Aye jah i gotta go so see you in school aight " 
" Cool vro see you later" .  Mom called again so i had to answer .
" STOKELEY GETCHO ASS HOME RIGHT NOW"
" Aight ma chill"
" If yo gecko lookin ass don't get home in 15 minutes you wont have a home to come to "
" ok ma"

Im fucked vro