𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

{words: 3696}

Tanjiro turns his head and watches Nezuko start to get further and further away, he knew demons fighting demons was useless, so he called for her to come back.

"Nezuko! Don't chase after him! Get back here! Come to me." Tanjiro said worriedly.

Nezuko turns away from the demon and follows after Tanjiro's words, as she's walking back, an attack comes after her from below. Tanjiro calls out her name in fear before Nezuko easily dodged the demon and made it to Tanjiro.

Tsukumo groaned out in pain when he felt the mark along his skin grow until it reached up his neck and down towards his eyes. His eyes became fully red with dark black slits as pupils. Tsukumo felt immense anger, was this his demon technique?

Tsukumo didn't like how the fire in his chest and body seemed to be fueled by the hidden anger he kept boiling deep down.

He groaned out again, fighting against the urge to let out his full form, until finally, his body listened. The mark on his skin started slowly fading away back into its normal shape and size. His hair eased down and he fell to the ground, his erratic chest heaving.

Tsukumo grunts in pain as he stands back up, his body unbalanced and his hands trembling.

"What the hell did I almost let out?"

Tsukumo panics momentarily as he realized he had zoned out, he quickly looked up to see Nezuko skillfully fighting the demon and Tanjiro trying his best to stay close and dodge the oncoming attacks from the demons.

Tsukumo tried to balance himself, he could still feel dark embers of a growing flame in his chest but he subdued them for the time being. Whatever he almost released from its shackles, was strong and almost unbearable to hold in.

Tsukumo rushes forward, his hand grabbing onto a swamp demons neck, causing it to heat up and explode. Tsukumo looked back down at his hand, for now, he would only use this power. He couldn't even begin to imagine what other powers he had.

Once he looks down at the demon, he realizes it wasn't regenerating.

"How did you- how did you do that?! You... you killed him but... demons aren't able to kill other demons, only the blades of the slayers and... the sun... you... you must wield-"

Nezuko kicked the demon across the face, causing him to shut up and cough out blood.

Tanjiro remembers what Urokodaki told him about Tsukumo and Nezuko, that now that they were demons, they weren't particularly weak. Nezuko races off and fights off the demon.

Tsukumo curiously holds up his burning hands and thrusts them forward, a red and black dome like shield engulfed Kazumi, who was knocked down onto the ground.

Tsukumo fearfully started banging on the dome, "Are you okay?! Is this hurting you?!!" He screamed, worried that his Demon Art was going to harm Kazumi.

Kazumi felt unbelievable warmth and comfort in the dome, it reminded him of how home would feel like. He nervously shook his head no and smiled awkwardly at Tsukumo.

"It's... It's nice, I think it's keeping me safe!" Kazumi yelled back, ushering Tsukumo to go and help his siblings now that Kazumi was safe under the dome.

Tsukumo gulps nervously and nods, turning around and going to help Nezuko distract the demons.

"Nezuko! Tsukumo! I'm going underground! I want you to protect Kazumi and distract the other demons! You can do that, right?"

"We got your back, brother!" Tsukumo says firmly, squashing a swamp demon into the ground, making his chest explode.

Nezuko hummed in affirmation and kicked a swamp demon clone's head, Tsukumo gave her a high-five and continued to fight against the swamp demon above ground while Tanjiro fought the one below ground.