XXI

It wasn't only most of the contestants that were at the after party but a lot of the Eurovision crew were there too. I couldn't even imagine how much stress they had all been under. Eurovision is such a huge event and takes up a lot of your day and mindset.

I was determined to make Jere drink so much tonight that he wouldn't even remembered that he lost to Sweden. Honestly Sweden in Eurovision is kinda overrated, like why does everyone hype them up every year. It is not like they actually have good songs every year so there is really no reason for them to always make it to the grand final

Jere had the same mindset for me apparently. We kept both yelling out "SHOTS" for each other to do and we both downed them like they were water.

"You guys seriously should watch yourself. One of you might end up getting alcohol poisoning" Kris commented after we took our 10th shot of the night. 

Alika was standing in his arms. They knew they wouldn't be able to see each other everyday anymore so they basically spent every last minute with each other.

I didn't feel that way about Bojan at all. I loved the man but we both knew that we had a lot of people to say goodbye to tonight, so we were separated at the start of the night.

You know Bojan had to say goodbye to all his boyfriends. He had really made a lot of them on this tour. There wasn't a person in that room Bojan hadn't talked to and cared for. He was such a generous man, which was one of the reasons why I loved him.

"We both need these shots more than ever. We have both been screwed over by Eurovision so I need to make sure I got my money worth by drinking all this free booze they have for us" I defended myself. 

"Well if you are so unhappy why don't you head over to Martin Österdahl who is sitting right by the bar" Kris said as a joke.

"Dare accepted" I told him. I could tell they were all kinda taken back by my answer but I had just gotten to the point of drunk where I had way too much confidence.

"I didn't actually mean it Sylvia" Kris said.

"No I need to confront him about this, I won't let it go" I started making my way towards the bar.

I leaned forward on the bartable right next to Martin. He was just enjoying his drink alone. 

"Can I get a Aperol Spritz?" I asked the bartender. He nodded and started making it for me.

"Hello my name is Syl-" I said to Martin but he interrupted me.

"Sylvia June. I know who you are. You really did an amazing job, great to see something fun and joyful" Martin smiled at me.

"I thought so too and so did many of my fans from all over the world who all had voted for me. You want to hear something funny?" I asked him.

"Bring it"

"I had a little argument with one of your workers and he was the one who changed my votes to zero because he was not happy with my attitude. I must say you guys are not trustful at all, how the fuck did one man had the opportunity to ruin my chances of getting any votes" I raised my voice at him. I could feel my blood bubbling.

"He did what? I'm so sorry I had no idea. I also thought it was really weird that you had no votes at all from the public" Martin was taken back from what I had to say. He really had no idea about it.

"Yeah well he did and ruined my reputation for a good place at Eurovision" I leaned back against the bar.

"You know what, I'm gonna look into this and I will return to you with hopefully something that makes you feel a little bit better than getting badly placed in Eurovision" Martin pulled his phone out and started calling someone. He left me at the bar.He better come up with something because I could really use a new house if it was money.