[Phase 3: Chapter 4]

[Amelia]

[Location: Hallway?]

Amelia shuffled down the hallway, moving door to door through the seemingly bland, painfully bright white hospital hallway as she briefly stepped into each room, grabbing the nearest useful-looking supply and grabbing it, shoving it into a small bag provided as she stepped out of the room, exiting just as swiftly as she entered.

Of course, she wanted to help. She wanted to be there for everyone, but her mind was a blur, covered in a heavy fog blown in by the ordeal before. On the one hand, she felt angry and wanted to make herself feel even angrier, yet, on the other, she felt sad. Sad and regretful that the last moment she saw someone she now considered a friend had left her and, in her opinion, stupidly risking her life when it wasn't necessary. 

She wanted to understand. She tried to comprehend what Lucy had told her but couldn't. She felt like Julia had abandoned her, which she recognized was utterly ridiculous, considering she hadn't known the girl for even twenty-four hours. Still, part of her felt they had formed a special bond, an unspoken promise between them during their talk in the hospital. One that Amelia had taken to heart. Now, she didn't know how to feel about it.

She stopped, coming to her senses as she reached a fork in the road. The hallway continued forward, still lined with countless wooden doors on the exact opposite sides of the hallway from each other, finally ending in a large pair of double doors with a blue sign above it. The words of the white text jumbled together in a blur, impossible to make out from her distance.

Above her, a blue sign stuck out awkwardly from the ceiling, rectangular in shape, only decorated with the bulging white text of locations, stacked on top of each other with a single triangle next to each, pointing in the direction of their area. 

She squinted at the sight, rereading the sign once more for confirmation. She repeated once more, feeling the puzzled look form on her face as she reread the words repeatedly. 

Oncology  < 

Oncology Front Desk ^ 

Main Lobby v 

ICCU >  

She had been told to go to oncology; she could remember that as much. She had followed the signs, moving through labyrinth-like hallways, passing by randomly placed service desks. She understood that the oncology ward was far away, but she couldn't help by feeling surprised just by how far she had to travel, even without going up a single flight of stairs. 

Although, even if she didn't know where she was going. There was one thing that was certain in her mind. The ICCU was where Lucy said she was going, in the opposite direction of her destination. So much so that they had split off right at the beginning, failing to walk down even a single hallway together, unlike her and other medical students who remained silent, eventually leaving one by one to their respective areas until she was left alone. 

"What the..." She commented. She stepped out into the crossroads of the hallway, shifting her head to the sides as she looked down each hallway, with the sight being the same as the last-countless doors in an almost empty hallway with a single pair of wooden double doors at the end, complete with a blue sign above. 

The atmosphere felt heavy, like a thick haze rolled in. She turned around and around, spinning slowly as she looked at each identical hallway. The hairs on her neck stood up as a sense of incoming dread began to form in the pit of her stomach. 

She stopped in her tracks, the dizziness in her head making her nearly stumble as she looked down a hallway, her gaze honing in on the eerie door at the end. The small wire-covered windows in the top middle portion of the wood were nearly impossible to see through, but even then, she felt like something was approaching and fast.