002: Trust No One

Madeline's Pov;*outfit above*

Upon discovering the villain's secret from last night, I found myself with a multitude of questions. Mainly, I was curious about the extent of Colby's shapeshifting abilities and how many destructive powers he possesses.

"Maddie we're leaving!!!" yells Hartley from downstairs.

"I'm coming!"

It was time to see my best friend, so I threw on my shoes and ran out the door.

As Hartley knocked, the room fell silent. Suddenly, a voice exclaimed "Save yourself!" followed by a loud thud on the floor.

"Calm down it's Hartley and Colby's girlfriend," said Amy as she opened the door.

"He's not my boyfriend,"

"And she's not my girlfriend, well not yet at least," said Colby.

"In your dreams Villian,"

"Anyways, Good Morning. How are my favorite supervillains?" said Hartley changing the subject.

"Ssh!" They all said.

I understand why they might be blamed, as I do not wish for my secret to be shared with everyone, and neither do they.

"I was up all night thinking about it. And I have so many questions," said Hartley.

I walked over to Colby while Hartley was asking her questions. It feels like forever with her endless talking.

"Have you met Captain Valaor?" said Hartley.

"I heard his real name, Doug,"

"And what about Sparkle Girl?" said Hartley.

"I heard she smells like truth, justice, and coconuts,"

"Do you watch Keeping Up with the Supers?" said Hartley excitedly.

"Hell no, just for them to lavish out their expensive lives? Not me,"

"And we would love to answer all those questions but just now's not the best time," said Amy. She scratched the back of her head and said, "They're still trying to process the fact that you know our secret,"

"Oh, what's wrong? Don't you trust me?" said Hartley.

"Of course we do. We trust you so much we wanna lock you in a medium-sized box and never let you out," said Eva.

"I'm gonna head out. Come on Maddie," said Hartley.

"Me?"

"Yeah, they can't trust you either," said Hartley.

"I want to assure you that I have no intention of reporting to the authorities regarding my past actions before their arrival, as it could result in lengthy imprisonment. If I were to involve them, it would jeopardize all of us,"

"I'll you at school, Hartley,"

"You're standing close to Colby, you want him or something?" said Amy.

"Well, it was nice chatting with you, but I actually have some plans I need to attend to. I'm going on a date tonight and I need to get ready for it. Have a great day!"

As quickly as possible, I left the house. My feelings for Colby might be more than just platonic.

Colby's Pov;

Date?

"Seriously Amy?"

"Colby, we need them both to leave. If she found out then she would still be up for her sister," said Amy.