003: The Villain Experience

Madeline Pov;*her outfit above*

Last night, I spent the remainder of the evening with my companion after we enjoyed a steak dinner on steak night. Although we had a chance to share a kiss, my grandmother's fondness for steak hindered the moment. I reclined on the couch with my companion and rested my head on his lap while he used his phone.

"Oh. And this one time, I made a hundred clones of myself so I could rob a hundred banks at once," said Vic, reminding us of his evil genius.

"Yeah, it was all fun and games until one of the clones got weird and forced us to call him Papa," said Jake.

"What about the time I used my sonic scream to distract Captain Valor so Jake could crush him with a boulder?" said Amy.

"That sounds violent," said Hartley

"I bet it was,"

"So where was Colby while you're all off doing these horrible things?" said Hartley.

"With the babysitter," said Eva.

"Supervillains use babysitters?" said Hartley.

"Okay, fine. We left him home to play with the rats," said Eva.

"I'd say I'm horrified. But from what I know about you, that seems pretty on brand,"

It was evident that Colby was distressed over receiving his powers later than others, and I understood that I could not change that fact. However, I was willing to make an effort to uplift his spirits.

"I've waited my whole life to get power so I can prove that I'm not just the run of the family and now I will never even get the chance to fight like the rest of you," said Colby pissed. He got up from his spot, pushed me down, and ran up to his room.

"Jerk," I mumbled, picking myself up.

"Yeah, that's rough. Who wants to do a puzzle?" said Vic, changing the conversation.

After throwing a pillow at him, I quickly ran upstairs to make sure Colby was okay. As I knocked on the door, I heard a groan coming from inside. "I don't want to talk," he yells.

"It's me,"

He opens the door and sits on his bed mad.

"I'm sorry that your family brought it up,"

"It's not your fought. All I wanted to do was show them that I'm a true villain, but that's never going to happen anymore," said Colby.

"Don't say that. It probably will,"

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Maddie," said Colby.

"How about we go out for some fro-yo to take your mind off things?"

"Sounds like fun," said Colby.

I happily pulled him out of bed and suggested we go get some fro-yo, hoping it would lift his spirits and bring a smile to his face.

*skipping ten minutes due to long line*

"I can't believe you scared everyone by turning into a shark!"

The police were unable to track us down before we retreated down the lair. I told Colby that eating someone would be Plan C, even though he turned into a shark and terrorized people until only I was in front.

"Yeah. I had no idea that was going to work," said Colby, sliding down.

"You happier?"

"Mm...hmm, I got to use my powers to make people fear me. You get me, Maddie," said Colby as he touched my hand.