007 - Cafe encounters

❦

Even though the plan was initially for us to work on our English homework, Marcus and I found ourselves unable to stop talking. Strangely enough, I felt as if I could trust him. Out of the guys he was the only one that had apologized and he surprisingly seemed to mean it.

"I can't believe that I'm sitting here with you out of all things." I said as I downed the remaining of my cappuccino. He chuckled. "But I'm also quite curious.. you know about all the rumors." He sat upright and seemed pleased. "How come that you guys moved here?"

"What do you mean?" Marcus asked.

"What I mean is that it's really uncommon or even rare to transfer during your last year of high school."

He looked a little bit hesitant to answer, but at the same time a flashy grin fell upon his face. "Well, we actually got expelled."

My mouth dropped, I didn't think that they actually got expelled. "What for?"

Just as he was about to answer, the bell to the cafe shop jingled as a group entered. Marcus's eyes instantly flickered up.

"Well, well, well."

I tensed at the annoyingly familiar high pitched voice and turned around with dread. It was of course Cassandra Gilbert and she seemed overjoyed to see me here - wich meant that she was planning something.

Of course when things were getting slightly better, she was here to shatter everything with her poor attempts of flirting with every breathing creature that I come in contact with.

Standing right next to her were her annoying minions that would literally kill to serve her wishes. But to be honest everybody knew that the only reason why they would follow her around is because I didn't want them to follow me around.

Walking over to us with her head held high and an evil grin on her Barbie like face, I mentally prepared myself for the show she probably prepared before.

"Hi, you're one of the new guys, right?" Cassandra said to Marcus, batting her eyes and sending a seductive smile his way.

"Marcus." He replied curtly.

My eyebrows slightly raised at his harsh uncharacteristically nonchalant tone, all though this didn't discourage Cassandra. In fact, she stretched out her hand and awaited a handshake. Marcus barely gave her a blank stare, to which Cassandra cleared her throat and put her hand down. The tips of her ears turned a bright shade of red. I chuckled at Cassandra's expression, which earned me a glare from her. She was clearly embarrassed about being rejected in front of her group of followers.

"So, I see you've met my friend here." Cassandra took a hold of my shoulders, causing me to wince and shake her off. I was about to shake her off before Marcus beat me to it.

"Get your hands off of her." Marcus barked -not literally- at her, his blue eyes narrowing.

My eyes, once again, widened in surprise. Cassandra almost instantly ripped her hand off my shoulder, looking almost.. afraid?