chapter 8

United In Grief- Kendrick Lamar

It's four in the morning and I can't sleep

It's four in the morning and I can't sleep. My insomnia is kicking my ass.

I've been thinking. I know we've only known Eden for less than a full twinty four hours, but I think she'l be good for us.

Call it selfish if you'd like, but I really don't care.  She's smart, She's pretty, She's nice, and she knows how to use a gun. What more could we ask for, she's perfect.

I pause my thoughts for a second, why can I here sniffling comming twards my door?
I got out of bed and turned my lamp on.

It can't be Ella, because when she cries she goes to Roman. My own daughter chooses favorites. A soft knock was placed at my door.

Yeah thats definitely not Ella, she dosn't knock she just walks in.

I walked to the door and opened it, supprised to see Eden with red puffy eyes, her hands were shaking and she didn't look me in my eyes.

I softly grabbed her hand, and pulled her in my room before closing the door. I walked her over to my bed and sat her down. she looks so puzzled, like somthing's taunting her.

I watch as she silently cries, her hands still shaking and her body swaying side to side. A panic attack?

I got on my knees in front of her and grabbed her hands witch caught her attention. È così bella, ma odio vederla turbata. (She's so beautiful, but I hate to see her upset.)

"Eden do you want to talk about what's wrong?" I asked in a soft voice. I don't raise my voice often unless I have to, and I only talk when necessary.

She looked me in my eyes and shook her head no, before looking back down at her hands.

"Eden, I need words darling, " I looked up at her. She looked so vulnerable, so defeated and I hated it. Vorrei poter far sparire tutto il suo dolore. (I wish I could make all her pain go away.)

"Raven," She wisperd.

"Who is Raven?" I asked, she sniffled, still not making eye contact with me. I don't like that I can't see her eyes.

"I'm Raven," She Replied. She lied about her name? It made me a little upset that she lied me me and the guys, but now isn't the time.

"So your name isn't Eden," I asked she looked at me and shook her head no.

"If you think im mad, Im not. I just want you to be ok," I said rubbing small circles on her hands. Im a little upset, but I won't let her know that.

"Can I stay here?" She asked while sniffling.

"Yeah, you can stay Let me get a towel so I can wipe your face," She mumbled ok and I walked to my bathroom to wet a face towel. Mi chiedo cosa l'abbia turbata così tanto?  (I wonder what upset her so much?)