A Year Later

( similarities to Season 6 of TVD)

It had been a long, dry summer after the other side collapsed with Damon and Bonnie stuck over there. We hadn't seen either of them in 3 months. Elena was broken without Damon and Stefan didn't know what to do when Damon and Lexi failed to make it back from the other side.  I tried my best to comfort him but about 2 months ago he up and left town and I had no idea where he went.  I miss him, our relationship was good, we seemed pretty solid, I think I was falling for him but he lost his brother..  things are different now I guess. I still try and call him but the past few times I haven't been getting an answer. I just hope he's okay..  Alexia misses her favourite uncle and I am sick of everyone leaving me when things get tough.. Klaus left, now Stefan .. who's next Caroline?. 

Caroline, Elena, Alexia and I have been staying at whitmore since Mystic Falls became victim to the travellers spell and we can't get past the border without dying. I got a flat near whitmore for Alexia and I .. Caroline dropped out of school and has been staying with us. Elena and I are trying to persuade her to go back but shes trying to get us back home... but it's pretty useless. Mystic Falls is gone.

Matt and Jeremy said they'd stay in Mystic Falls to try and help from the inside but part of me wonders if they don't want us to make it back... because without supernaturals Mystic Falls was just a normal town and there hadn't been an "animal attack" in months.  

Lolas POV
I call Stefan .. "this is Stefan Salvatore. I can't get to the phone right now, please leave a message after the beep." I sigh and say "i am so sick of your voicemail, where are you Stefan? I know you lost your brother and I know it's difficult but alexia's misses you and i thought you cared about me, you said you'd be there for us. ... i- i - i think i love you, so just please come home." As i hang up the phone, i drop it by my side, i roll over on my bed and let out a small cry into the pillow.. i didn't like to show the sadness infront of Alexia when she asked about Stefan I told her he was working out of state .. i hated lying to my daughter but i she didn't need to know the ins and outs of the supernatural world and why Stefan ran away.

As Caroline's voice speaks up "hey.. Lola are you okay?" I calm myself and look towards the door.. i say sharply "I'm fine... everything's fine." She sighs and comes in .. as she sits down, she says "you know it's fine to be hurting.." I'm silent as she says "have you heard from him?" I shake my head .. and say "i miss him Care.. i just need him to be here and he should not be going through this grief alone." Caroline hugs me and says "i know .. but we all deal with grief differently."

......

Lola's POV
I walk with Alexia to campus, as she says "what is this place?" I say "well it's a place where young adults come to live and study and occasionally party.." She says "will i go to college?" I say "when you're older that's a conversation we'll have." She stops and says "where are we going mom?" I say "to meet Aunty Elena.." She smiles but it's brief she says "why did we have to leave home.. i miss our house and where's Uncle Stefan?" I take a deep breath and crouch down as i take her hands in mine i say "do you remember how i told you mommy and aunt Caroline are immortal." She nods, I say "well some bad people won't let us in the town right now." She says "why?" I sigh and say "well... i don't know baby.. i think they think we're dangerous." She says "but where's uncle stefan i bet he could get us home." I say "i know you miss him .. i miss him too but Uncle Stefan has some family things to deal with right now." She says "when is he going to be back?" I take a deep breath and say "i don't know baby,.. but right now its just you and me." She nods and I say "so lets go see Aunt Elena yea?" Her smile comes back and we continue walking towards Elena's dorm.