004: Belts, Bulls, & Superfans

Madeline's Pov;*outfit above*

As usual, we went to Madden's house. However, Hartley arrived with a different plan - more like a suggestion than a mission. I intended to spend the day with Colby, but his family disrupted our plans as always.

"Hey, I could use your help," Hartley said as she walked in. Meanwhile, I was on my phone texting some friends.

"We have to find our grandma the perfect present for Mother's Day,"

"Just get her something you'll know she'll use," said Amy.

"Like a nightgown or a hatchet,"

Standing at the counter texting, I could sense Colby's gaze fixed on me, perhaps wondering if I intended to approach him or remain where I was.

"What's this about a day of Mother's getting gifts? And most importantly, when do I get mine?" said Eva.

"Sunday,"

"Wait. Don't villains celebrate holidays?" said Hartley confused.

"The only holiday we had was Oyxn day. We celebrated by bowing down to our leader and showering him with gifts," said Amy.

"Good thing it was once a year,"

"It was every day," said Amy.

"Well I'm the mother and leader and deserve the same treatment as Oyxn," said Eva.

"Mother's Day is more about spending time with family and honoring the importance of a mother's love," said Hartley.

"Something I've never experienced,"

"Do you need a hug?" said Colby.

"Not from you,"

After groaning, he left the kitchen, but I felt terrible about how I had treated him.

"I perfect gifts for Mother's Day," said Eva.

"We don't have any money," said Jake.

"That sounds like a problem," said Eva chuckling.

"On Mother's Day, the person who gives the best gift is considered the winner." While I enjoy competition, I like to see people struggle to find the perfect gift or face harsh consequences for not doing so.

"And the losers?" said Amy.

"And the losers spin my wheel of torment," said Eva laughing.

"I thought you left the wheel in our old lair," said Jake.

"I can lend you mine," I offered, to which Eva smiled. "However, I must warn you that there might be some blood stains from my previous use," I added with a shrug.

"I knew I liked you," said Eva smiling.

"Wow, this will be fun to watch," said Vic.

"You're getting me a gift too," said Eva as she placed her mug in the sink.

"Worth a shot," said Vic.

I went back on my phone angrily texting until Colby bumped his head on the door walking inside the kitchen again.

"Colbs, did you get your head stuck again?" I asked, looking up.

"Yup," Said Colby sighing.

"He's been in it for so long. I kinda forgot what he looks like now," said Amy.

"I'm starting to get worried,"

I accidentally dropped my phone on the counter while assisting him in putting on his helmet. The helmet seems stuck on his head multiple times and should be securely locked up.