🍁 Twenty-Nine : Echoes from the Past

ECHOES FROM THE PAST

Genevieve, dressed in her comfortable pyjamas, made her way to the kitchen in search of a refreshing drink from the fridge.

The refreshing indoor breeze offered a brief relief from the heaviness of her emotions.

After quenching her thirst, she moved her luggage into the hallway, preparing for her upcoming journey to Busan to visit her husband.

In the living room, Genevieve paused, her gaze drifting towards the window. There, she spotted Samuel, the familiar spirit, sitting on the bench across the road.

With a sigh, she closed the curtain, shielding herself from the world beyond.

Genevieve's eyes fixed on the record player as she settled onto the couch, a wave of nostalgia washing over her as she approached it.

Opening the lid, she discovered the familiar album of The Carpenters still in place, untouched for months since Vincent's departure to Toronto for work.

She gently placed the needle on the record, and the familiar tune of "Close To You" filled the room.

The song held deep significance for Genevieve and Vincent, reminding them of their first dance together at prom in high school.

Its gentle melody surrounded her, offering a moment of comfort amid the yearning in her heart.

As Genevieve closed her eyes, the music transported her to a different time and place as she swayed a little.

When she opened them, she was surprised to find Vincent standing before her, a warm smile adorning his face.

A soft chuckle escaped Genevieve's lips. "I wish I could dance with you right now," she expressed, her voice filled with longing.

Vincent, ever silent, took a step forward, extending his hand towards her. "Maybe we could try?" he suggested gently, his eyes filled with love and understanding.

Genevieve looked at his outstretched hand, feeling hope.

She knew it was an impossible feat, yet the temptation to try was too strong to resist.

With a nod and a trembling smile, she reached out, her hand meeting his, as they embraced the ethereal connection that bound them together.

As their hands touched, Genevieve felt a warm and tingly sensation. They swayed together to the music as if they were dancing.

It felt magical like they were connected especially. They moved gracefully, lost in the moment, forgetting about everything else.

Time seemed to stand still as they danced, their spirits intertwined. Genevieve could sense Vincent's presence, even though he wasn't physically there.

It was a beautiful and powerful experience that made her feel loved and comforted.

When the song ended, Genevieve stood alone in the living room, still feeling the impact of their dance. "Vincent?" she called out.