Chapter 10: Threats

JEMNI, CFVY, and Cardin were sitting in JEMNI's room as Jaune explained the plan that he had to the group on how to deal with Adam and Winter, and how they could take the roles of the new pieces. It was a complex plan but if done right, everything should work out well.

Jaune looked at all of them, "With this plan, we can infiltrate both sides and then slowly destroy them,"

Cardin looked at Jaune, "All of this hinges on Winter saying "No" to your offer," Cardin said, "What if she says "Yes"?" he asked.

"Doubtful," Emerald said, "She's been under Ironwood's thumb since she graduated and is one of his most trusted specialists, She's a loyal dog," Emerald said.

Cardin nodded, "Alright so that's a guarantee, and after that, are you sure the rest of the plan to go smoothly?" Cardin asked.

Jaune nodded, "As long as we make sure we do our part, we're good," Jaune replied.

Velvet looked at Jaune, "Jaune... what are we gonna do about Weiss?" Velvet asked. "Once se hears Winter is dead, she'll be broken,"

"I know... but she's got her team, they'll help her out," Jaune told them. "And we'll help her out as well,"

"Even though we're the ones who planned her sister's death?" Velvet asked. "How can we look her in the eyes after this?"

Jaune let out a sigh, "We're just gonna have to," Jaune said sadly. "As I said, we're going to do whatever it takes to put Ozpin and Salem in the ground, and we're gonna have to do things that are going to hurt us, but we need to do this, or else we'll forever be in this game," He told Velvet.

Velvet knew this was wrong and it was gonna break Weiss, but she already agreed to join, she already was ready to make sure that Ozpin and Salem paid for what they'd done, but still... she felt completely wrong about everything.

Jaune knew how much this plan was going to hurt Weiss and how much this was going to really affect her, but... he knew, deep down inside him, that he could use her grief to his advantage and possibly get Weiss on his side. He knew it was manipulative and very, very messed up, but he did whatever it took to get his revenge.

Inside of him, Cinder smiled, loving just how much the blonde was becoming so much like her, knowing she was going to love it when her plan finally came together.

XXX

XXX

XXX

The next day, Winter and JEMNI were on one side of Beacon that still needed construction and they were currently killing out some of the Grimm that were in the area, After making sure the Grimm were killed, they notified that it was safe for the construction crew to come in and start their job, and they would be watching out for any Grimm that came too close.

Now, most of the team was resting and waiting. Winter was resting, sitting at one of the makeshift tables that the construction crew made, she was watching the crew work while also turning back to the area and looking for any signs of Grimm.

However, she was taken out of these thoughts when Jaune took a seat across from her, a calm and simple smile on his face. "You ok?" he asked.

Winter gave him a nod, "I'm fine, Mr. Arc," She told him. "What about you?" she asked.

"A bit tired but I'm still good to go," He told Winter.

Winter nodded, "That's good to hear,"

Jaune nodded, "Yeah," He asked, "Have you heard anything from Weiss?" He asked.