• 7

"Babe but it's a little too late to travel, don't you think?" I ask worriedly.

It's 3pm and he just received a call. He's been going after a project for a long time, his partner just called to tell him that they have an opening to meet the man at a conference tonight.

"If I leave now it won't be so late, okay?"
I honestly don't like idea. My brother does it a lot too, where they don't care about the time and just travel, the worst part is that it's by road.

"Why not the train?" I ask.
"I told you, just one train a day and it was earlier in the afternoon"

All this argument was going on as I prepared his suitcase in a hurry. I know my husband, he's stubborn so he'll go no matter what I say to him. At least I can make sure he has everything he'll need. Aya is on the bed sleeping.

"You know I hate it when things happen all of a sudden"
He chuckles "I know you're a perfectionist but not everything happens as we plan"

I say nothing.
He walks over and hugs me from behind "I promise I'll finish up as quickly as I can so we can continue your 'Sick leave', okay?"

I nod "Fine but tell him to drive at an average speed. It's like he believes he's in a fast and furious movie"
He smiles "You're exaggerating"

"I've been in his car"
I turn around still in his arms, he stares down at me "At least I got to enjoy these last few days with you home, no one can't take that memory from me"

I nod "Then it should motivate you to come home sooner"
"Of course. I still think it a miracle you and I haven't argued in over a week"

"We have many more years to argue inshallah"
He laughs "The oddest things you say" he gives me a peck on the cheek and pulls away, entering the bathroom.

:

Asiya.

Habiba and I came to the salon.
Habiba is my brother's wife. If I haven't mentioned I'm 28years, my sister Aisha is 30years, my brother Abubakar 33years, Abdulhameed is his age mate and Habiba is a year younger than I am.

Abdullah was 35years. I guess that's where it ended.

Anyway, I went to drop off Aya at her place and come by when she said she wanted to join. She's fun to hang out with so I agreed.

"How is your hair so clean?" She asks when I take off my veil.
I laugh "I don't have much of it, Aya took it all so it's easy washing it at home"

"Then why bother coming to a salon?"
I sigh "I wash it myself. I tried getting Fumi to help but she does it so gently" I say talking about the nanny.

"Abubakar won't let me get a nanny" she says with a frown.
I look at her confused "Why not?"

She shrugs "He didn't tell me"
He's my older brother so I didn't want to say much about it. But they have two daughters, twins so I can see why she'd want help. I just do not understand why he doesn't want one.

"Maybe because of what happened with your maid in the past?"
Well—Habiba doesn't know this but after their marriage she hired a maid. She was working then so she wasn't around most of the time and then my brother started having an affair with her. Aisha found out and told me about it so we confronted him and he ended it. I think he's just trying to be cautious but they cannot live the rest of their lives without a maid or nanny because he's afraid he'll cheat.

That wouldn't be fair to her. I love my brother but I can't support something like that, it'll just be wrong.

I sigh "Maybe I'll try to talk to him"
She smiles brightly "Thanks because I really need help with the twins. But what I really need is a vacation, maybe just you and I. I think you need it too"