45

"It appears like you are indeed carrying our miracle, my lady. The king must be beside himself!"

Except that he wasn't. Dramon was oddly... cold about the news. I get that we just had an argument, but it shrinks compared to the joy of a child.

"Can you check my system for signs of poisoning?" I ask the doctor.

He looks horrified, but gets to mixing his concoctions right away.

I shake my head. Of course this happens. The last time I had sex with Dramon was when the Vanishing took me. While years passed on Xelor, it has only been weeks since I survived that encounter.

And now here I am.

I want to be mad. I want to scream at the Fates for their terrible timing, but how can I? I'm going to be a mother. Dramon and I argued over nothing, because the decision has been made for me.

I can't leave him. Not when I have his child growing in me.

Centres will have to forgive me, because I'm choosing Dramon.

He's not happy here. I'm not, either. Not when Lady Greed leers over us, Treysa is locked in stables, and the air seems thin. We will move to the forefront. We will rebuild the clans.

The doctor pricks my skin, taking five droplets of blood and mixing them with his vials. I watch him swirl, but the bluish color inside doesn't change.

"There are no signs of poison in your system, my lade. Would you like me to run the test again?"

So I may not be getting poisoned, after all. My tastebuds must have been acting up along with the rest of my body as a result of the pregnancy.

"Run it again, please."

The results are the same, and I'm relieved that at least one of my problems has been resolved.

I wash my hands and dab at the small incision on my arm. With Beysha, I walk outside and look for Dramon.

"Where is he?" I ask a guard.

He looks nervous, and I'm not sure why.

"Sparring, my lady."

I walk to the back of the palace, where the training yard is. The closer I get, the louder the sound of clashing metal. I identify Dramon fighting with a man that has the same build as him, but not as much skill.

Dramon blocks a blow and rips his shirt off his back mid-strike. The move momentarily blinds him, but he doesn't seem to mind the risk.

They're swinging broadswords— heavy swords that are broad enough to slice a man in half. It's an odd weapon choice for training.

I lean against the wall, eyes locked on Dramon. He's a flash furious of blue ink. He ripples as he takes and gives, taking the attention of everyone around him as he shows them what an alpha male is.

My eyes widen when I feel warmth trickle out of me. Battle never arouses me, but for some reason, seeing Dramon like this has ruined my underwear.

I watch for a few more minutes. His partner becomes sluggish. I don't blame him. Dramon is a beast in war.

He parries, and yields with a hand motion.

Dramon stops mid-strike, but keeps his sword in the air as if wanting more action.

"Next!" he barks.

He's angry because he's convinced I was going to leave him again.

"Dramon," I step in before his next sparring partner volunteers. "A word, please?"

His eyes are locked on my stomach as he replies, "can this wait until later?"

"Unfortunately, no."

His sword clanks loudly when he drops it and snarls, "pair up and practice. You all need it!"

I follow him inside, into our bedroom.

"Did the doctor clear you?" he asks, wiping his sweat from his brow.

"Yes. I know you're frustrated with me, but I want you to know that I wasn't going to leave. That bag you found... I only entertained the thought for a moment before tossing it aside. I will stay with you wherever you go. I've made up my mind," I tell him. "You have been kind and patient to me, and I'm sorry for upsetting you."

His eyes are locked on my belly, and he looks so distracted that I wonder if he heard anything I said.

"Is it Rexon's? Did you see him when you arrived on Xelor? Did you see him first and then me?"

I frown and look down. Is he asking about my shirt? That's an odd question. I don't remember when I got this shirt from—or any of my clothes, actually. I'm not interested much in fashion.

"What?"

"You can tell me. I will forgive you for your betrayal."

His questions only get more obscure.

"Are you asking about my shirt? I don't know where it came from, but I can change it if it offends you."

"The baby. Whose is it?"

"Wha—" I splutter. "Yours! We're married!"

"I know this, but who is the biological father?"

I'm so bewildered by the question that I can feel my lips move, but no words come out.

"You think I cheated on you?"

He frowns. "I have not touched you in two years and you refused my touch when we were in bed."

Everything makes sense now. He's just confused. "It has been two years for you, but weeks for me and my body."

He blinks, and realization enters his gaze.

"You thought it was someone else's and wanted to keep it as your own?"

It's absurd for his protective and possessive nature to be so thrilling. But here I am, pregnant, hormonal, and wet.

"It—" his face softens. "It's really mine?"

I close the distance between us so fast that I practically tackle the man. He tries to stabilize me, but I'm feral and thirsty for Rider King dick.

I yank his pants down, and the second the cool air touches his inked, pierced length, it's like a flip switches.

He keeps his arms on my shoulders as if he wants to pull me back to my feet, but he doesn't seem to have the inner strength. A thick vein pulses in his neck, but I don't care about that vein. I'm more interested in the ones on his cock. The stark ones that pulse inside my mouth as I suck on him.

Dramon throws his head back and groans. The sound is so sexy that it vibrates against the walls before shrinking into my clit. My thighs snap shut below me, as if wanting to suck that sound inside. It's not enough, though. I need this forearm-sized cock lost inside me and splattering my already-fertilized eggs.

My knee hurts, but the rest of me feels like I'm starving and the dick in my mouth is a feeding tube.

Of course, I'm unable to swallow Dramon entirely. There's too much, but I'd be damned before that stops me from trying.

I feel the small diamonds he pierced on him against my tongue, and I caress them with the tip of my tongue. I can't wait to have them inside me, crowning my pussy.

Dramon cups my jaw with his big hands as he gently begins to thrust. He watches me slurp him, my cheeks covered in his slobber and my spit.

I retreat, letting his length cover my face as I lick his balls.

Dramon is panting now. He's close.

I pull him back into my mouth and swallow dick, ink, and piercings so deeply that I gag and tear up.

With a shout, Dramon spills down my throat.