Day 4: Apologies

Stolas layed in bed. The only sound he could hear was the heart monitor. It had been a month since his run-in with Striker. Via had visited several times but only for a few hours. Most of his days were spent alone. The staff had been there to keep him company as much as they could, which wasn't a lot. However, today he would be allowed to go home if Someone would be around to help him if he were to fall. While his leg had healed, he found it hard to walk on.

The door to his room slowly opened, and a young female nurse stepped into the room." Hello, Stolas. How are you feeling today?"

" Quite well, ready to go home tho," Stolas said with a slight smile.

" Your daughter will be here in a few minutes. We will have to make sure she can help you if the need arises."

" And if she can't?"

" If she can't, you must stay here for therapy."

Stolas' smile fell at hearing this. He knew that while Via was willing to help take care of him, there was no way that if he fell, she could pick him up." Well, we can hope for the best."

" She is stronger than you think." The nurse said with a smile. Pulling out the I.V in his hand and unhooking the monitor." Let's try walking again. I'm here if anything happens."

Stolas only nodded. Swinging his legs off the side of the bed. He began to add weight to his feet. Standing, he began to take a few steps. Making it across the room with no trouble. Tuning around, he felt himself go weak in the right leg. Falling to the floor, he tried to pull himself up but only made it halfway before falling back down," Damn it, I thought that I was past this."

Via walked into the room, eyes wide at the sight before her."Dad, what happened?"

Stolas looked at the young owl," I was just trying to walk. Guess I need A bit more practice."

" Since you are here, I would like Via to help you. So we know she can if this happens when you go home." the nurse smiled.

Via grabbed Stolas' shoulder and allowed him to use her for balance. Losing his balance, causing both of them to end up on the floor. Via quickly stood up and was going to try again. Stolas shook his head, "No, Via, We can't do this. I can't walk without falling as much as I would like to go home. You can't handle my weight."

" Dad, I can. My footing was just off," Via argued. " I can't be with Mum anymore. I want to go home too."

" Well, is there anyone else who could stay with you till you can walk on your own?" the nurse was trying to find a solution.

Stolas shook his head," The only ones that live in the palace are me and Via."

" I can stay with him till he gets better," A voice chimed from the doorway.

Stolas and Via looked towards the door. Blitzø stood rubbing his neck. Tears began to form in Stolas' eyes," Blitzø, what are you doing here?"

" Loona told me that Via was going to try and take you home today. I know she is capable of helping you to a point, but I didn't think she could pick you up if she needed to. So I thought that if you were ok with it, I could be there for you."

" Well, I wouldn't want to make you put your life on hold for me," Stolas argued.

" It's been slow at the office lately, so M&M should be able to handle clients until then."

"Before we can let Stolas go, we need to make sure you can help him up if he falls," the nurse interrupted.

Blitzø walked over and wrapped his arm around Stolas' waist. Stolas began to pull himself up. Blitzø kept a tight grip on him. When he felt him starting to fall, he lightly pulled up on his waist, allowing the owl to regain his footing.